Greenbackspeakers, what are your thoughts?

ForrestS

• Members

Any personal experience with them?

no, I doubt they'd appeal to me, I don't play classic rock or blooz. they're known for what they can't do, which is have a lot of headroom and produce a fullrange sound, thus they have pronounced mids and a softer rounder tone.

I'm sure they're cool, I've owned and do own a lot of Marshall 4x12's that have 75's and 80's in them, I've always liked them so I never seeked anything else.

• Members

Pros; warm, pleasant on the ear, not too high efficiency which helps control volume in some situations, quite lively sounding and has a nice edge to the midrange/ high end when pushed a little.

Cons; low wattage, not very tight, can get flabby and farty at higher gain, especially as the volumes goes up, can be a bit too midrangey I open back cabs, and can be raspy with some overdrive.

• Members

Pros; warm, pleasant on the ear, not too high efficiency which helps control volume in some situations, quite lively sounding and has a nice edge to the midrange/ high end when pushed a little.

Cons; low wattage, not very tight, can get flabby and farty at higher gain, especially as the volumes goes up, can be a bit too midrangey I open back cabs, and can be raspy with some overdrive.

/end of thred

Archived