Isle of Man TT... Did any of you guys catch it?

colejustesen

• Members

I am in love with pretty much anything motorsports (except Nascar) and was looking forward to watching these races.

I :love: the sheer amount of power and speed these riders are controlling. It is so awesome watching them shoot through town areas in excess of 100 mph. The Super Stock races have an average speed of 127mph around this island! Damn, it makes me want to get a GSX-R!

Any of you guys sports bike fans/riders/enthusiasts?

Cole

• Members

Honestly, I just got cable TV and so I have not been able to follow any particular motorsports. I don't know if I will get Moto des Nations, but if I can I will be DVRing it!

I have always enjoyed motorcycle racing, specifically sport bike racing, and am super excited to be able to watch them!

Those racers are scary good at what they do! I was watching one of the Isle of Man races, and I couldn't help but laugh to myself when one of the announcers commented, "Gah.... That is fast!" I couldn't help but chuckle and agree!

The amount of concetration is beyond my comprehension. At those speeds, things can happen very quickly!

May I ask, what is the Moto des Nations like?

Cole

• Members

May I ask, what is the Moto des Nations like?

Cole

Moto des Nations is basically the Ryder Cup of motocross. Countries send their 3 best riders. It's cool for that and because they put 125s, 250s, and 450s on the same track at the same time.

Since it's motocross, you may or may not like it. It's on CBS Sports on Sunday.

USA ALWAYS wins the overall :thu:

• Members

Moto des Nations is basically the Ryder Cup of motocross. Countries send their 3 best riders. It's cool for that and because they put 125s, 250s, and 450s on the same track at the same time.

Since it's motocross, you may or may not like it. It's on CBS Sports on Sunday.

USA ALWAYS wins the overall
:thu:

I might enjoy that... dirt bike racing is cool :thu:

Cole

• Members

It does look super dangerous

Cole

It actually is dangerous. Most years somebody dies, often more than one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT#Safety

That being said it is probably the most manly sporting event on the planet right now, and fun as hell to watch.

Have you seen the documentary they did where they followed Guy Martin around for the 2009 (I think) TT? Check it out if you haven't, it's called TT3D.

• Members

Love the TT, been twice. Done the whole track and fell off only once
:lol:

Recent pic of Sunday run out, mines the repsol fireblade hiding at the back.. because it's just come out of it's garage !

424259_356537037755749_803624688_n.jpg

I have never seen a Fireblade in person, but I love the look! I would take a Honda bike with no qualms as well!

So let me get this straight, you did the whole course around the Isle? That would be sooooo much fun, even if you were just joyriding and not doing obscene speeds! I might have to plan to go see this in the future... I was looking yesterday, but didn't come up with an answer. Where is this held at?

Cole

• Members

It's probably the sickest motor race out there, I {censored} myself just watching it.
:lol:

I love it too man!!! Those still shots of them shooting through town are just sooooo wicked! Also, the fact that the helicopter coverage can't keep up with them on the straights blows my mind too!

I don't think I have ever seen any kind of racing coverage that had me this excited to watch... Seriously, I was on the edge of my seat the majority of the time!

Cole

• Members
So let me get this straight, you did the whole course around the Isle? That would be sooooo much fun, even if you were just joyriding and not doing obscene speeds! I might have to plan to go see this in the future... I was looking yesterday, but didn't come up with an answer. Where is this held at?

Cole

Yes It's called "Mad Sunday" anyone can go round, there are restrictions in places though.

I fell off in a field btw, next to our tents :lol:

• Members

please dont get a GSX-R! you'll instantly be deemed a squid, and laughed at by riders of all other bikes, including Harley riders!!! do yourself a favor and stay away from Suzuki!!!!

on the other hand, the TT is nuts...Guy Martin is a badass (and i believe he is Irish...? but yea his accent is THICK). i wish i could go ride on the Isle of Man. i have a buddy in the uk who is just a ferry ride away. makes me jealous! but he jealous of the fact that ive ridden on the Dragon a bunch, so were even LOL

Archived