Ukulele Amp - What Should I Get?

LordBTY

• Members

You'd probably get more help from the EG forum, or maybe the AG forum. There's at least a few at EG that dick about with ukes and whatnot. Don't come to Amps if you actually want help on something; you'd have better odds of winning the lottery. If you want tits/arses/fatties, political/religious arguments, Laney cabinet pics, or threads about band dramas, you're in the right place.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LordBTY View Post
This may well get a good amount of hate, but I figured I'd ask around. I need something with a fairly subtle warm distortion to hook my semi-acoustic ukulele up to.

Any suggestions?
Without question I'd go with something like the Acoustasonic http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...itar-combo-amp

you could add a pedal for some overdrive. The Acoustasonic should have some amount of feedback elimination too.

• Members

If he wants overdrive, I wouldn't put it through an "acoustic" amp. Anything that's supposed to amplify an acoustic instrument should let through a lot more high end than you'd want for putting an OD pedal in front of it. Unless you're running some pedal that has a built in "cabinet" filter option to more dramatically roll off the high end. idn_smilie.gif

Also, are you talking about piezos or a mic type arrangement? Piezos generally sound pretty poor through OD, IMO. A decent mic'd signal can actually sound quite nice though. idn_smilie.gif This is from guitar experience though... don't have uke experience myself.

Archived