Made homemade wings on the grill for the first time tonight.

AdrianPOA

• Members

{censored} was {censored}ing delicious. It was even better than any meal I have eaten at Wing Stop, Wing House (R.I.P. TX Locations), Plucker's, or Buffalo Wild Wings, and I didn't even put breading on the {censored}ers!

I marinated the wings for about 30 minutes using half of a 12 oz bottle of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. Then, I cooked them for 10 minutes (5 minutes each side), using both burners on my gas grill at a medium heat. Then, I continued cooking them for 30 minutes (15 minutes each side) at low, indirect heat, only leaving one of my burners on with the wings opposite to it. The final touch was pouring the remainder of the wing sauce in a pot at a low heat, which I started as my wings were near well done, and coated the wings in the remainder of the sauce.

Seriously, man, I am so grateful for my future brother-in-law buying my woman and I a grill. It really does make that much of a difference on how the food tastes, and is encouraging me to cook at home a lot more. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby

View Post

Holy {censored} that sounds delicious

Oh man, it was. You really haven't had wings until you have cooked them for yourself. Don't get me wrong, I'll still visit some of the fine establishments mentioned above on occasion when I need a quick fix, but damn, it really does taste better when you do it yourself.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by superflyinmonke

View Post

Sounds tasty, but you have to get yourself some better hot sauce than franks. I tried it recently and most of what I taste is vinegar.

Since I grew up on Tabasco, I like Frank's Red Hot Sauce as well because of the high vinegar content. That's why I decided to give their buffalo sauce a shot, and I dug it. Their barbecue sauce is the {censored} too. That being said, I plan on experimenting with other brands. Louisiana Hot Sauce makes wing sauces too, so I think I may try that next.

• Members

when grilling wings I like to marinate mine in a simple salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce marinade for anywhere between 1 to 3 hours.. grill on high so they get some nice char marks but it means you need to keep an eye on them since there's a fine line between charring and burning... eat just like that or a few minutes before they are done toss in your favorite BBQ or dipping sauce and put back on the grill to finish... always a party favorite.

• Members

sounds good. Been wanting to try to make my own as well. I've been to every wing place you can think of and all I ever order is wings (Hooters, BWW, WNM, Klukers, etc) {censored}ING LOVE WINGS!!!

But I'm also not a fan of Franks so I'm sure you can get something better than that

Archived