I will PayPal $25 to whoever can...

musicalpeace

• Members

Help me install a power transformer on my 1974x. The transformer is from heyboer. I bought it after talking to the manufacturer, who told me it was intuitive because the leads were color coded, but it turns out its not. I need to get the entire thing done this evening, and I honestly have no idea which lead goes where.

I will PayPal $25 to whoever can either walk me through the wiring process or draw me an easy to understand diagram of where things go. Here is a link to the leads on my new transformer:

http://www.18watt.com/storage/18wattPTs.gif

I can send pics to your email if you need them. Thanks in advance!

• Members

Do you have someone walking you through it yet? The transformer can be wired for either 240 or 120v.

Nope, not yet. I've gotten that far too. The amp has a 120 v circuit, according to the back. I figured out that I needed to use the black and black/white wires together, but I'm not sure if the red needs to be wired up to complete the circuit or not at all...

• Members

I don't know where each lead would go...

tube or SS rectifier?

the two green wires are the heaters for the preamp & power tubes. they should be tightly twisted connect to the tube sockets on the heater pins. for instance, one wire should go to pin 9 and the other should go to pins 4&5. the green/yellow wire is the center tap, and should be tied to ground.

the red/yellow wire is the HT center tap, and should go to the same ground point as the heater CT.

tell me which rectifier you're using, and i'll tell you about the rest.

• Members

tube or SS rectifier?

the two green wires are the heaters for the preamp & power tubes. they should be tightly twisted connect to the tube sockets on the heater pins. for instance, one wire should go to pin 9 and the other should go to pins 4&5. the green/yellow wire is the center tap, and should be tied to ground.

the red/yellow wire is the HT center tap, and should go to the same ground point as the heater CT.

tell me which rectifier you're using, and i'll tell you about the rest.

Ahhh finally someone who knows exactly what they are talking about. There is no way the wires from the pt can go directly to the preamp tubes, so they connect to some intermediate point- I don't know where. Also, how can I check the specs of the rectifier?

Please shoot me an email at flashinchimes@gmail.com

• Members

what i do is run a buss wire along the preamp tube sockets, then a twisted pair to the power tube sockets. in the case of the PT wires not being long enough, you either need a terminal block or to run a twisted pair from the preamp tube sockets to the PT wires and heat shrink them so they don't short to the chassis.

on the rectifier, it's simple...are you using diodes or a rectifier tube?

will email.

Archived