No announcement yet.

I will PayPal $25 to whoever can...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will PayPal $25 to whoever can...

Help me install a power transformer on my 1974x. The transformer is from heyboer. I bought it after talking to the manufacturer, who told me it was intuitive because the leads were color coded, but it turns out its not. I need to get the entire thing done this evening, and I honestly have no idea which lead goes where.

I will PayPal $25 to whoever can either walk me through the wiring process or draw me an easy to understand diagram of where things go. Here is a link to the leads on my new transformer:
    http://www.18watt.com/storage/18wattPTs.gif

I can send pics to your email if you need them. Thanks in advance!

Do you have someone walking you through it yet? The transformer can be wired for either 240 or 120v.

Comment

$25 says this ends in electrocution

Comment

Is that the Kobra Kai guy in your avatar?

Musicalpeace, I am useless when it comes to electronics. Wish I could help. because I would be the guy that helps people out with stuff. Be safe
        teh *4L* band

Comment

that would be a short story
          The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Haha $25 says it won't. I already have the amp taken apart and discharged.

Comment

Do you have someone walking you through it yet? The transformer can be wired for either 240 or 120v.

Nope, not yet. I've gotten that far too. The amp has a 120 v circuit, according to the back. I figured out that I needed to use the black and black/white wires together, but I'm not sure if the red needs to be wired up to complete the circuit or not at all...

Comment

Is that the Kobra Kai guy in your avatar?

Musicalpeace, I am useless when it comes to electronics. Wish I could help. because I would be the guy that helps people out with stuff. Be safe

That sir, is Jimi Hendrix. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Not color coded
                  MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Not color coded

As in each lead on the new transformer has a lead that corresponds by color to each lead on the stock transformer

Comment

Haha $25 says it won't. I already have the amp taken apart and discharged.
                      Nice broseph, keep yourself alive

Comment

Got a digital volt meter
                        MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

Got a digital volt meter

Yep.

Comment

wow what a great idea. I'm sure $25 is more than enough money for someone to guide you through a high current circuit over the internet.

Seriously, just ask for free help. If anyone accepts your money, they're liable for the work. Even if you say they aren't.
                            http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

I was all prepared to make an easy $25, then i clicked the link in the OP...why do you need anything else? What part of that are you having trouble with?
                              got a question about TITAN amps? ask me
                              here

my website

TITAN AMPS on myspace

My band:Last Comes Gunfire

Comment

Working...
                              X