NSD WGS HM75

Slaymoar

• Members

Just got a WGS HM75 today. I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the sound. Its just right in all the places. Nice low end, aggressive high end but not too crazy, just right. I'd call it the perfect metal speaker. The cleans on it are fantastic. Loves the master dimed and preamp low for sparkly cleans. Definitely a sparkly speaker. Need to tweak my amp just a bit more to get rid of some hiss and flub (too much bass in signal), then I'll make clips.

Will be ordering a WGS Retro 30 soon to pair with it... then build either an orange 2x12 or Bogner OS type cab for them.

• Members

After some more hours on this speaker, I really like it. The vintage 30's definitely had the "holy crap my ears" spike thing, which is totally not there with these speakers.. The vintage 30's sounded great, but I think I prefer the HM's altogether, which isn't what I thought would happen... The HM's are not popular on the net, so little info on those. I'm just surprised about that, this speaker so far, is my favorite.. even over the vet 30.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mamberg View Post
Are the efficiencies similar on that and the vet 30?
That's really the only thing stopping me from wanting to pair a Greenback and a V30.
Didn't have both at the same time to compare, so I can't comment about efficiency. Everyone saying they mix quite well though. Greenback and V30 do not mix very well, the sensitivity is way off.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes View Post
I've been looking at these as I absolutely love the Celestion 75s. Glad you dig 'em
They don't sound identical though, Haven't done an A/B between the T75's and the HM75's, but the HM's IMO seem like they would be more balanced, a bit more low end, and a bit less ice pick on the way top end. The T75's have that scooped sound, but it doesn't seem as pronounced with the hm75.

They're not better, just overall more clear and refined... kind of a second take on the T75.

Archived