Hey bros I need a laptop, take a look at this and recommend something better

-Assy-

• Members

Budget : broke as {censored} college kid
Expectations for $ spent : illogically high

http://tech.woot.com/offers/15-6-dual-core-i5-laptop-1

2nd gen sandy bridge I5, usb 3.0, good specs for graphics bench marks, decent sized storage (I have an external drive), rated to have really long battery life, lightweight and compact. I have a pretty intense gaming computer, I need something to take to/from class.

I will be taking it to Best Buy when I buy it to purchase a black tie insurance for it (friend will give me 50% off, doesn't have to be purchased from best buy as long as it is still unopened)

Know of anything better for the same/less price?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

Budget : broke as {censored} college kid

Expectations for $ spent : illogically high

http://tech.woot.com/offers/15-6-dual-core-i5-laptop-1

2nd gen sandy bridge I5, usb 3.0, good specs for graphics bench marks, decent sized storage (I have an external drive), rated to have really long battery life, lightweight and compact. I have a pretty intense gaming computer, I need something to take to/from class.

I will be taking it to Best Buy when I buy it to purchase a black tie insurance for it (friend will give me 50% off, doesn't have to be purchased from best buy as long as it is still unopened)

Know of anything better for the same/less price?

Two things..

1. Slickdeals.net

2. Do not buy until Black Friday , look at slickdeals for the best deals

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices

View Post

Two things..

1. Slickdeals.net

2. Do not buy until Black Friday , look at slickdeals for the best deals

I don't see much on there except for an old Dell outlet ad (which had a 3rd gen I7 for under $500 ) and a macbook pro.

I will wait until black friday though.

• Members

I have a Toshiba Satellite that I got from Microcenter a year and a half ago. Core i5, 4gb, 500gb HDD...350 bucks...It was a refurb, but I'm absolutely ok with that, and you should be too.

EDIT: Just checked out the link...that has a few more bells and whistles than mine. Deal is good. Go for it.

Archived