Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No load question

Yesterday I had the master on my 2 channel Dual Rec up pretty high (around 1:30) and played for a couple hours with no problems. Then right at the end, I noticed the sound fizzle out. I hit a chord or two after it cut out before I ceased playing. I stood there for a second wondering what was up, before I realized that the speaker cable vibrated its tip out of the cab's jack. (Has this even happened to anyone?) I then quickly fired the amp on standby, plugged the cable back in.

When I took it back off standby, it seemed fine.. no obvious changes in tone, no smells... The cable was out of the jack for maybe 10-15 seconds.. did I get lucky or will there be problems down the road? I have heard that Mesas are a bit more resilient than other amps.
    This:
    Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, & Bare Knuckles
    '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier
    '78 Marshall JMP 2204
    Mesa Trad 4x12
    Marshall 1960B
    Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf
    Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)

Originally Posted by wrongnote85

they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?

You'll be fine. The only thing I'd suggest is to figure out why in the **************** the speaker cable came out in the first place. I've NEVER had that happen in all the years I've been playing...

Comment

I have had the speaker cable come unplugged before. It was on a cheap Crate 2x12 cab. I replaced the jack with a quality on and life was fine after that.
      Good Dealings with: LoFiBrian, 23cicero, Keebz, O'Rourke, PBomber22, cadillacman, chuckmehh, FXR, Jesse G, lank81

BlueStrat: I have to laugh when people will pay $1.69 for a bottle of Pepsi, 3 bucks for a latte or $1.39 for a frigging candy bar but a song they can own, listen to, learn and keep for years is too much at 99 cents.

http://www.myspace.com/dalisllama

Comment

I have a feeling it was possibly the speaker cable ends. The jacks on the cab are Neutrik so they're quality.

Also I found afterward that the jack plate itself wasn't tightened down securely, so the only thing I can think of is the plate was vibrating a lot more than usual because of it not being secure, and it just managed to vibrate the plug out of the first tab in the input jack.
        This:
        Gibsons w/ Dimarzios, Duncans, & Bare Knuckles
        '95 Mesa Dual Rectifier
        '78 Marshall JMP 2204
        Mesa Trad 4x12
        Marshall 1960B
        Any pedal(s) I happen to pull off the shelf
        Heavy strings, heavy picks, heavy hand(shakes)

Originally Posted by wrongnote85

they had their cash and their gear in a ****************in bag? whadda they take on the road, 6 dollars in quarters and a POD?

Comment

ha i forgot about that, it used to happen to me all the time in the 80`s. i still have a wad of repair reciets including two output transformers lol.
          My Band
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omejCiU-pWI

Comment

Working...
          X