Mesa Mark III clippage, with a little Randall RG100ES in the mix too

Deconstruction

• Members

http://ventmetal.bandcamp.com/track/sick

That track is a Dean dimeslime (BL l500xl) but most of the album is a Ibanez Iceman into a red stripe Mesa Mark III with a recto cab and a mix of two mics, SM-57 and senheisser i think? tracks "Die" and "Liar" are all Randall RG100ES, and some of the tracks are a mix of both amps, not sure what songs though? I'd have to ask the engineer, but he may not even know.

I think the tones are a bit dark for my tastes, but the overall mix is OK i think, kinda old school sounding. The music is very basic stuff, cause most of the members can't play no better, haha.

• Members

The production sounds fine to me IMO. I don't dig the guitar tone but that's not really on the engineer that's on the player and how he dialed the amp.

Also, my rg100es settings were very bright. had it set almost exactly how Dimebag did, with a very bright pickup, the l-500xl and it still turned out just as dark as the mesa tracks. so...i wouldn't say it's my fault

• Members

Ok, yeah I take it back. That sounds like utter horse {censored} on my studio monitors. Sounds like homeboy ran a low pass up to about 3k, wtf.

listen to some of the other tracks. This one is my fav songwise, but some of the others are a little less f'd with tone wise. The dude that recorded us really did a lot of tweeking to the sound on that song.

• 4 years later...

Archived