Mesa Mark III clippage, with a little Randall RG100ES in the mix too

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Mark III clippage, with a little Randall RG100ES in the mix too

http://ventmetal.bandcamp.com/track/sick

That track is a Dean dimeslime (BL l500xl) but most of the album is a Ibanez Iceman into a red stripe Mesa Mark III with a recto cab and a mix of two mics, SM-57 and senheisser i think? tracks "Die" and "Liar" are all Randall RG100ES, and some of the tracks are a mix of both amps, not sure what songs though? I'd have to ask the engineer, but he may not even know.

I think the tones are a bit dark for my tastes, but the overall mix is OK i think, kinda old school sounding. The music is very basic stuff, cause most of the members can't play no better, haha.

Guitars indeed sound too dark and muddy, could be fixed by minor eq tweaks though. The whole mix is a bit muddy. Kick is buried by the bass guitar. Truth be told to me it doesn't really sound "mixed" at all.
    | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

yeah, i was a bit dissapointed with that. It sounded great in the studio, but i got the cd home and it sounded muddy through my stereo, but i suppose it's OK for a demo. Too late to fix now... we did this **************** back in august.

Comment

The production sounds fine to me IMO. I don't dig the guitar tone but that's not really on the engineer that's on the player and how he dialed the amp.
        Originally Posted by Sixtonoize

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz

I've owned at least 50 Marshalls...

Comment

Little dark, but I think it kicks ass.
          "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather." Bill Hicks

Comment

Really good song and playing but the overall recording/tone kinda sucks.

Comment

The production sounds fine to me IMO. I don't dig the guitar tone but that's not really on the engineer that's on the player and how he dialed the amp.

The amp was dialed fairly bright in the room.

Comment

Also, my rg100es settings were very bright. had it set almost exactly how Dimebag did, with a very bright pickup, the l-500xl and it still turned out just as dark as the mesa tracks. so...i wouldn't say it's my fault

Comment

Maybe the dude got a little to jiggy with a low pass. I gotta listen on my studio monitors, I really only listened on the speaker on my Iphone LOL

It's cool...you don't have to have any idea what you're talking about to post here.

It's alright.

Comment

Ok, yeah I take it back. That sounds like utter horse **************** on my studio monitors. Sounds like homeboy ran a low pass up to about 3k, wtf.

It's alright.

Comment

Ok, yeah I take it back. That sounds like utter horse **************** on my studio monitors. Sounds like homeboy ran a low pass up to about 3k, wtf.

listen to some of the other tracks. This one is my fav songwise, but some of the others are a little less f'd with tone wise. The dude that recorded us really did a lot of tweeking to the sound on that song.

Comment

Pantera.
                        Boo

Comment

That song Taken is really good rockin tune! I think the main problem is that the drums are mixed really small and distant which doesn't work for this type of music at all.
                          | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

Pantera.

Big Influence of me and the vocalist, and our singer can scream like Phil... pretty damn close anyways. I write 90% of the riffs and our singer writes all the lyrics, he also wrote all of our song "liar", including the riffs, i just embellished it a bit.

Comment

That song Taken is really good rockin tune! I think the main problem is that the drums are mixed really small and distant which doesn't work for this type of music at all.

The whole mix is rough, but i suppose it's ok for a demo, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X