Gibson 335?

jlb32

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I own one but I don't play hard rock. it's a semi-hollow so it won't feed back as much as a true hollow body. Ted Nugent rocked a real hollow body and I like his stuff.

For the record, I own Gibson Les Pauls, SGs and other guitars more suited more for hard rock. I can honestly say that the playability and tone of my ES 335 is second to none. From chimey cleans to over driven tube blues riffs, this is my go to guitar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Marshredder View Post
They dont feedback as much as people thing, especially the modern ones, they're semi hollow and that block down the middle is what helps feedback.

They're awesome for anything.

Mine did.

To the point that I never played it. It got sold.

I was trying to run it thru a Trainwreck clone...as soon as the volume came up, WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.....facepalm.gif

• Members

One of the best 4 guitars that ever existed, used in pretty much every application. They'll do anything you throw at them.
So yes, get one.

Not a 335 exactly but similar:

Same guy with "real" 335

Clapton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djRAF_ph3TQ

And there are lots of players who play hard rock stuff on 335s/355s like for example Alex Lifeson and Joe Bonamassa.

• Members

I picked an Epi dot when they first came out for a back up beater, but it gets used alot and can do everything from Sabbath/Ozzy or heavier just fine.

Added plus you can get it to feedback easier than a LP or SG, but it's not a problem even at high gain.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

I want a 335 badly! I had a '68 tobacco burst 335 come through the store a couple years ago and that guitar was amazing. I really wanted to keep it but it had to go

Me too. Just don't know if I can pull the trigger. I really need to sell some guitars over buying more.icon_lol.gif

Archived