Amps You Have SOLD and then Bought Again

yell03

• Members

I am curious to see how many amps you have sold and then bought again.

Also, please post the amps you have now to see if there is a trend.

I'll list mine....

Currently I have:

Fender Blues Jr III, Fender Pro Jr (currently on Craigslist), Egnater Tweaker 15 Head and Cab

Amps I've sold and bought again:

Budda SD18 combo
Fender Blues Jr (currently have)
Blackstar HT5 Head and cab
Egnater Tweaker 15 Head and cab (currently have)

I have a few amps I have sold that I have thought about buying again, butonly if the right deal came along, for example:

Vox Night Train 15
Orange Tiny Terror

The strange thing is, I really prefer a 2 channel amp, but none really has wowed me except for my previous Budda SD18 and SD45, but they are too loud for home use.

I am currently thinking of running a Radial Bigshot ABY and using my Blues jr for cleans and my Tweaker for gain.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

bought 5150 head, sold it a year later. regretted it. bought a 6505 combo, loved it but it was too heavy to move around. had it for two years, sold it. bought a 6505+ head... it was pretty good but I didn't have a decent cabinet to match it up with. had that for a year... was supposed to move to california so I sold it, along with a lot of other gear.

I love my DSL and don't really have the desire to get another 5150/6505. I'm interested in a single rec though. I was in a tough spot last winter and needed money. I thought about selling my DSL but I knew I would buy another one as soon as I got the chance... so I decided to just keep it.

i had a nikon 70-200

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti View Post
Never sold one that I wanted back that bad, although I ALMOST sold my Tone-Master a few years ago when I got laid off the first time. I would've HAD to have bought that one again!
Luckily I have never been forced to sell gear that I loved.
If you like an amp that much, to get rid of it would be terrible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sinnerx96

View Post

I've bought and sold multiple Marshall JCM800s, JMPs, and SuperLeads. Kept going back and forth between them and multiple high gain amps. I have Peters amps now. Haven't bought another brand since.

How long has it been with Peters?

Archived