Will Guitar Center ship used 4x12 cabinet?

angry again2

• Members

I haven't ordered a 4x12, but I've gotten a few other bulky/heavy items. Got a 2x10 bass cab that weighs a ton, and just ordered a Peavey XXX 212, and they charged the same $12.50 for shipping that they charged when I got a guitar through them. Hell, I even got 2-day shipping for $12.50 on the XXX, albeit probably from some system error.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hrafnkel

View Post

I haven't ordered a 4x12, but I've gotten a few other bulky/heavy items. Got a 2x10 bass cab that weighs a ton, and just ordered a Peavey XXX 212, and they charged the same $12.50 for shipping that they charged when I got a guitar through them. Hell, I even got 2-day shipping for $12.50 on the XXX, albeit probably from some system error.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Been gassing for a used peavey xxx and the cabs are really cheap. Did you get a combo xxx amp or is it a 2x12 cabinet?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by angry again2

View Post

Thats exactly what I'm looking for. Been gassing for a used peavey xxx and the cabs are really cheap. Did you get a combo xxx amp or is it a 2x12 cabinet?

The combo. The heads I found listed on GC were mostly $450-600, found the 212 combo for $299. Couldn't really pass that up. Now I just need a G-flex cab to go with it, speakers in the cab are kinda meh.

• Members

View Post

The combo. The heads I found listed on GC were mostly $450-600, found the 212 combo for $299. Couldn't really pass that up. Now I just need a G-flex cab to go with it, speakers in the cab are kinda meh.

I use that exact combo, you'll be happy with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero

View Post

I use that exact combo, you'll be happy with it.

I'm digging it so far, it came in Wednesday. Could probably use a retubing and a bit of work, and it needs a bulb in the power indicator whatchacallit, but it was in better shape than I expected for the price. Thing's got a pretty mean low-end on it, sounds 10x better through my JCA212 than it does through its own speakers though so I'm dying to hook it up to a G-flex or Mesa cab or something.

• Members

I appreciate the input. I might be looking to pair it with a different cab from what Hrafnkel said. Guess thats why the peavey cabs are so cheap. I would rather have a 2x12 cab, was looking at the 4x12 because the xxx cabs are inexpensive, and not as many 2x12 used cabs to choose from that are used and cheap. I'll have to check out the Jet City 2x12. Little off topic but, I just ordered a used guitar from GC and they charged me a handling fee plus shipping fees. When did they start doing that? I've bought a couple of guitars used online from them and this is the first time they did that.

• Members

The Jet City 2x12 is pretty solid, and it's only like $249 or something new. G-flex 212s come up on GC's used site for around $300 and I've always heard they match beautifully with the XXX.

Also, everything I've gotten from them used had a shipping charge involved. Always $12.50 from what I remember.

• Members

View Post

I'm digging it so far, it came in Wednesday. Could probably use a retubing and a bit of work, and it needs a bulb in the power indicator whatchacallit, but it was in better shape than I expected for the price. Thing's got a pretty mean low-end on it, sounds 10x better through my JCA212 than it does through its own speakers though so I'm dying to hook it up to a G-flex or Mesa cab or something.

I was more meaning the 2x12 combo plus the 2x12 g-flex which is what i use. I think the open back and the ported cabs mix very well together.

Archived