Watching Joe Walsh on live from Daryl's house

Ron Burgandy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just recently heard something of his from the James Gang days called "The Bomber / Closet Queen" (?) that was cool as sh*t. If I'd heard it before, I must have forgotten it. Was on some sateliete channel in Mrs Watt's car the other day. Need to go out & get whatever disc it's on. I used to have quite a bit of JW stuff but it's all been lost or stolen over the years.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 100 watt

View Post

I just recently heard something of his from the James Gang days called "The Bomber / Closet Queen" (?) that was cool as sh*t. If I'd heard it before, I must have forgotten it. Was on some sateliete channel in Mrs Watt's car the other day. Need to go out & get whatever disc it's on. I used to have quite a bit of JW stuff but it's all been lost or stolen over the years.

The bomber is a classic breaux

• Members

One of the coolest things I've seen at a concert was at a James Gang show back in the late 60's. On the last song Joe played a riff on his Les Paul into an Echoplex and while it was still repeating, he put the guitar down on the floor and the band left the stage with the riff still going. The stoned out crowd went crazy - nobody had ever seen anything like that before. After a few minutes, they came back on and Joe picked up the (still-repeating) guitar and launched back into the song, followed by an encore. It was crazy.

I got to meet him backstage afterwards since some of my friends were involved in putting on the concert. We invited him to a big party, but he said he had relatives in the area and had to "go have milk and cookies with them." But he was quite a character from the early days and all through his career. One of a kind.

• Members

I saw Joe play with The Eagles two weeks ago in Las Vegas...pretty amazing concert. They played Walk Away, Funk 49 and Rocky Mountain Way plus Don Henley's Boys of Summer along with the hits... Joe was the most charismatic of the bunch that's for sure...

Archived