Good political hip hop/rap?

yourguitarhero

• Members

Can't listen to the song you posted at the moment, but here are some suggestions anyway.

Public Enemy

The Roots

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

Black Star (Talib Kweli and Mos Def)

Some of the Wu Tang stuff and the members' various side projects/solo albums, especially those with the Genius/GZA

I haven't heard all of his stuff, but Lupe Fiasco definitely has some good chit

• Members

I used to be really into ImmoTech, sorta got sick of the conspiracy talk though and kinda faded from listening.

Sage Francis is hands down my personal fave hip hop artist, he's political sometimes but approaches topics more like a whole person than specifically just politics.

[video=youtube;qV6o6vr4tLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV6o6vr4tLs

Also check out Brother Ali or any of the Rhymesayers artists.

[video=youtube;OO18F4aKGzQ]

Some others you might dig would be Jedi Mind Tricks and maybe Dead Prez.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by yourguitarhero View Post
That's a very closed-minded way of thinking

Seeing as the whole genre was founded on ripping off other people's work and then passing it off at your own, I have a hard time even pretending to respect the genre on any level.

And musically speaking, Hip Hop is technically music in the same way that vomit technically is food.

But different strokes for different folks, if someone else digs it, more power to them.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MetalHed View Post
Seeing as the whole genre was founded on ripping off other people's work and then passing it off at your own, I have a hard time even pretending to respect the genre on any level.

And musically speaking, Hip Hop is technically music in the same way that vomit technically is food.

But different strokes for different folks, if someone else digs it, more power to them.
Why u mad? It's not like hip hop stole your candy bar or some {censored}.

• Members

They're only learning from Led Zeppelin.

• Members

I'm embarrassed for you.

Archived