Most exotic food you have ever eaten or want to eat.

Snappy Hat

• Members

When I was younger and lived in Japan I had whale meat.
Tastes like veal.

Went one year to the Gilroy Garlic festival and had kangeroo meat.
It was on a skewer. First bite was ok , 2nd bite and I was thinking
"I am eating a giant marsupial" and threw up.

Not going eat rat, snake , turtle, scorpions or dog.

Have tried venison and hate it . Have tried lamb and hate it.

I want to try Bison.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Donkey and duck beak meat (yes, there is meat in there!!) when I lived in China. I had the chance to try all kinds of funky stuff, but those were about as adventurous as I was willing to go.

They actually have dog meat in some grocery stores there. I saw one with a Golden Retriever puppy on the package, running through green fields. I guess it was supposed to give the impression that it was "free range" dog icon_lol.gif. My gf at the time was Chinese, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Koreans". Later on, I dated Korean girl, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Chinese" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

• Members

Donkey and duck beak meat (yes, there is meat in there!!) when I lived in China. I had the chance to try all kinds of funky stuff, but those were about as adventurous as I was willing to go.

They actually have dog meat in some grocery stores there. I saw one with a Golden Retriever puppy on the package, running through green fields. I guess it was supposed to give the impression that it was "free range" dog icon_lol.gif. My gf at the time was Chinese, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Koreans". Later on, I dated Korean girl, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Chinese" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

• Members
idn_smilie.gif Crustaceans are as close as i'll get to eating a bug. I'd eat most any kind of mammal I haven't owned as a pet, I guess...reptiles I'm not too sure of other than some gator. Fried gator tail with a nice remoulade sauce is pretty tasty.

• Members
idn_smilie.gif Crustaceans are as close as i'll get to eating a bug. I'd eat most any kind of mammal I haven't owned as a pet, I guess...reptiles I'm not too sure of other than some gator. Fried gator tail with a nice remoulade sauce is pretty tasty.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
op why didnt you like the kangaroo? i have it quite often it is a sweeter meat if thats makes sense and being is australia its cheap
This was an aussie company that was trying to make this available in the states. It was tough and gamey tasting.
They said it was tail meat. I didnt see any other parts they were cooking is the other parts better tasting?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by vic View Post
op why didnt you like the kangaroo? i have it quite often it is a sweeter meat if thats makes sense and being is australia its cheap
This was an aussie company that was trying to make this available in the states. It was tough and gamey tasting.
They said it was tail meat. I didnt see any other parts they were cooking is the other parts better tasting?

Archived