Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Practice amp

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse







X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Practice amp

    What are you guys using as practice amps these days? Looking for something super small, lightweight. Right now, leaning toward a peavy vypyr 15 watt. Maybe an old ass crate 15 watter.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Peavey ESP DiMarzio<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://www.valvequeen.com/" target="_blank">I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!</a><br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=38462822&amp;postcount=265" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a></div>

  • #2
    IB4 THR10
    The community here was awesome but the digs &amp; spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.<br><br>Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.guitarampboard.com"><font color="#0000FF">www.guitarampboard.com</font></a>.<br><br>So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.<br><br>:wave:

    Comment


    • #3
      kemper
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Impact"><u>amps</u></font><br />
      <font face="Arial Narrow"><font size="1">Engl fireball<br />
      ht-20 combo<br />
      blackstar HT-5<br />
      Peavey Classic 50H<br />
      Baez 100 something</font></font><br />
      <font face="Impact"><u>cabs</u></font><br />
      <font face="Arial Narrow"><font size="1">engl slant (V30 one)<br />
      marshall 1960a<br />
      classic 4x12 tweed<br />
      E-tone 1x12<br />
      Baez 4x12</font></font><br />
      <font face="Impact"><u>guitars</u></font><br />
      <font face="Arial Narrow"><font size="1">Shecter Blackjack 08<br />
      Schecter Classic Blue<br />
      Schecter Elite vintage white<br />
      LTD M-302 natural finish</font></font><br />
      my vids of shred<br />
      <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/gtjumper" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/user/gtjumper</a></div>

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by isvoid
        View Post

        IB4 THR10




        Got my THR 10 last week! Love it.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote">
        <div class="quote_container">
        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>buddhapaugh</strong>
        <a href="showthread.php?p=47199240#post47199240" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
        </div>
        <div class="message">Rocking the spandex AND the depends! <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" /></div>

        </div>
        </div>
        </div> </div>

        Comment


        • #5
          THR5 for me, but Raf, get the 10. Do it.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote">
          <div class="quote_container">
          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
          <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
          </div>
          <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

          </div>
          </div>
          </div> <br />
          <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
          </font><br />
          <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
            View Post

            THR5 for me, but Raf, get the 10. Do it.




            Wait...did you get a THR5?!?!?! Wouldn't that make it the nicest piece of gear you own?
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>buddhapaugh</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=47199240#post47199240" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">Rocking the spandex AND the depends! <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" class="inlineimg" /></div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> </div>

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus
              View Post

              Wait...did you get a THR5?!?!?! Wouldn't that make it the nicest piece of gear you own?




              FAK U GOOBY!







              Yeah, I've had a 5 for a few months now.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>TheEternal</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=43089130#post43089130" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">Can't you just let Jesus melt your face? <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/icon_lol.gif" border="0" alt="" title="lol" class="inlineimg" /></div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Neilrocks25</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=45565894#post45565894" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">life's too short not to eat bee's</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> <br />
              <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2014624-Official-Amps-Good-Deal-Bad-Deal-Sticky!/page9" target="_blank">Good Transactions</a><br />
              <br />
              <font size="1">Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810<br />
              Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez &quot;Millenium&quot; Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor <br />
              </font><br />
              <a href="http://www.fixcongressfirst.org/pages/about/" target="_blank">Fix Congress First</a></div>

              Comment


              • #8
                Mustang I
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="6"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/americanlegalsystem" target="_blank">BAND</a><br />
                <a href="http://facebook.com/asartifacts" target="_blank">CRABCORE</a></font></b><br />
                <font size="3"><b>e-peen:</b><br />
                </font><br />
                G&amp;L ASAT Classic<br />
                Fender American Roadhouse Strat<br />
                ESP Hybrid II<br />
                Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage II<br />
                Orange PPC412<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <div class="bbcode_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote">
                <div class="quote_container">
                <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>guitarbilly74</strong>
                <a href="showthread.php?p=46325616#post46325616" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                </div>
                <div class="message">That thing tickling your throat? It's my cock in your mouth, suck it. Suck it good.</div>

                </div>
                </div>
                </div> </div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  my little roland cube rips pretty good

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hard to go wrong with a Roland Cube, but I haven't really tried any of the newfangled vypyrs or mustangs or other such practice amps.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><b>Guitars:</b></font><br />
                    <font size="1">Schecter Diamond Series S-1<br />
                    Schecter C-1 Hellraiser<br />
                    Schecter Damien Elite 8<br />
                    B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Tribute Stealth<br />
                    B.C. Rich Mockingbird Special X<br />
                    Fender MIM Standard Telecaster<br />
                    LTD B-5E<br />
                    Peavey Raptor Plus</font><br />
                    <br />
                    <font size="2"><b>Amps:</b></font><br />
                    <font size="1">Laney Ironheart IRT60H<br />
                    Engl Gig Master 15<br />
                    Peavey XXX 212<br />
                    Roland Cube 30<br />
                    Vox AC4TV Mini<br />
                    Acoustic B200H<br />
                    Behringer Blue Devil 1x12</font></div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus
                      View Post

                      Got my THR 10 last week! Love it.




                      I've had My THR10 for six weeks now.



                      I love that little amp, it sounds so nice that it's hard to stop playing.



                      One hell of a little take anywhere amp. If it had an XLR out I would use it at my gigs.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="DarkGreen">“One who loves &amp; understands nature will never be alone &amp; will never be afraid.”</font></font></font><br />
                      <font size="1"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color="DarkGreen">-Rachel Carson-</font></font></font></div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How about a super cheapo Peavey Rage 158? My buddy had one of those things forever and they're like $60 now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          peavey transtube for sure... love my Bandit 112. I recently also got an Envoy 110 for free and it's a great sounding little amp.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.guitarampboard.com">http://www.guitarampboard.com</a><br><br><br>Like my band on FB: <a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/thefew1">http://www.facebook.com/thefew1</a><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>All prices include shipping to ConUS.</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySBSeYUAXf0
                            Originally Posted by DToad:

                            Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=43592482#post43592482" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">I love you.</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=44170751#post44170751" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">I STILL love you!</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>CountGrishnackh</strong>
                              <a href="showthread.php?p=45906887#post45906887" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                              </div>
                              <div class="message">I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> <a href="https://www.reverbnation.com/traverserofficial" target="_blank">Official Traverser Reverbnation</a><br />
                              <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/bradandjesse?feature=mhee" target="_blank">Youtube</a> <br />
                              <a href="http://soundcloud.com/brad-williamson-4" target="_blank">Soundcloud</a></div>

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X