Help needed hooking up 2 cabs to one Head

slicepaperdavid

• Members

Set head to 4 ohms and run both cabs in mono.

+1

With a 16 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab, the total parallel ohm load that the amp will "see" is 5.33 ohms. Setting the amp to 4 (below the total load) will keep the amp safe. One thing to mention is that the 2x12 cab will be louder in this mismatch scenario.

• Members

+1

With a 16 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab, the total parallel ohm load that the amp will "see" is 5.33 ohms. Setting the amp to 4 (below the total load) will keep the amp safe. One thing to mention is that the 2x12 cab will be louder in this mismatch scenario.

^You guys kick ass, thank you!!! This worked perfectly, absolutely brutal sounding and a completely different feel than using the 2x12 or 4x12 alone.

• Members

^Does that pose a threat to the amp or speakers? I def noticed a huge increase in low end and fullness of sound, enough to justify lugging around both cabs. The 2x12 is a much better cab(pine/handmade) with better speakers(v30's) so it doesnt bother me that it will be getting the majority of power

• Members

^Does that pose a threat to the amp or speakers? I def noticed a huge increase in low end and fullness of sound, enough to justify lugging around both cabs. The 2x12 is a much better cab(pine/handmade) with better speakers(v30's) so it doesnt bother me that it will be getting the majority of power

Won't hurt anything, just means the 4 x 12 won't be doing much. Not really sure why you'd have any phase problems because of different impedances.

Archived