Holy schnikes with this video !

codecontra

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
I love how the Aussies are gear heads like us in the States.
It's a shame we've got so few decent circuits for the V8s. We've got Philip Island, Eastern Creek, Bathurst... and I think that's about it. Sandown isn't a particularly good race track, Symmons Plains and Barbagallo are woeful, Queensland Raceway is beyond pathetic. Then there are a bunch of street races that range from good (Clipsal 500) to just laughable (Gold Coast). Then for some reason they have a pointless non-championship round at the Albert Park F1 weekend, and this year an outstandingly pointless trip to Abu Dhabi for the F1 support races (last year's proper Abu Dhabi round was decent, but there were about 4 people in the stands all weekend). Three tiny sprint races where they basically made a mockery of the circuit. Corners? {censored} that {censored}. It's faster just to drive straight across the kerbs. Which is one of the reasons why the Gold Coast has turned into a joke of an event, along with the fact that the races can't go two seconds without a safety car intervention. Chicane? {censored} that, just straight-line it over the kerbs. Hey {censored}nuts, putting in bigger kerbs won't stop them. They're not F1 cars. If you want them to go around the chicane properly, put a {censored}ing fence there and they'll figure it out pretty quickly once they go out in practice 1.

The other problem is, the guys at the top are proper international level drivers. Below them though, are some real useless {censored}cunts. {censored}nuts who don't know how to make a move without turning the other guy around or putting him in the wall. One last weekend was bitching on the radio as he came down the pit lane for his penalty, "That was my {censored}in' corner." Yeah dickhead, you came down the inside next to him, turned in together, and then you ran him out what would have been beyond the track edge... except that it's a wall-lined street circuit, so you just put him in the wall. Yeah, good clean racing, idiot. Or {censored}ing James Moffat, talentless {censored}witted son of legend Alan Moffat,

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guidedbyechoes View Post
4:51, but damn pretty sure snow isn't a new thing in russia why can't they learn to drive to the conditions?
I wonder the same thing whenever I see these videos of crazy Russian drivers. I can sorta understand places where they don't really get weather like that, but then suddenly it happens and people are caught out coz they've never driven in it before. But surely these cunts should know damn well what it's like. confused.gif

But then again, there's all the cases of people just walking out into traffic, or pulling straight out into oncoming traffic to overtake. So I guess even if they are familiar with the conditions, they're still {censored}ing thick. idn_smilie.gif

A guy at work showed me another clip of mental Russian driving a while back. There was one guy who I think ran a red and t-boned someone, filmed from the car behind... then he just grabbed his briefcase, got out of the car and walked away as if he figured that was a satisfactory parking spot. icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DeadNight Warrior View Post
All that said, this was {censored}ing priceless a couple of years ago. Last race weekend of the season, the three guys at the front were the three guys fighting for the championship right to the end. Part of the track was still pretty dry so no one wanted to be the first to come in for wet tyres... then they got to the part of the circuit where it had started raining a fair bit harder. Turned out staying on slicks wasn't such a great move. icon_lol.gif

{censored}ing gold. icon_lol.gif
That was great! LOL!

• Members
That was great! LOL!
If just one of them came in for wets the lap earlier, they would have walked it in. Instead it turned into a race for the mechanics to be the first to repair their car enough for it to be able to classify as finishing the race. icon_lol.gif

Turn 8 at Adelaide (slightly smaller version of the F1 circuit) is a crash magnet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9beRKLDHE

• Members
That was great! LOL!
Watching it again, it still cracks me up. I remember one of my housemates back that day walking in wondering what the {censored} I was laughing so hard about.

"He's in the fence! They're all in the fence!"

"It's broken. They're all broken. Forget about it."

"The Watt's linkage is gone on that as well. The rear is wobbling all over..."
"There's not much that isn't gone on it."

And when they pull Whincup's front left wheel off and the smashed rotor just falls out.

icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DeadNight Warrior View Post
Watching it again, it still cracks me up. I remember one of my housemates back that day walking in wondering what the {censored} I was laughing so hard about.

"He's in the fence! They're all in the fence!"

"It's broken. They're all broken. Forget about it."

"The Watt's linkage is gone on that as well. The rear is wobbling all over..."
"There's not much that isn't gone on it."

And when they pull Whincup's front left wheel off and the smashed rotor just falls out.

icon_lol.gif
Yeah, watching the rotor just crumble like a cookie was hilarious. Definitely a "doh" moment once they come down the track and see standing water. Oh shi-!

As far as turn 8 at Adelaide; yeah, near right angle turns are dangerous coming in just a touch too hot! LOL!

• Members

You ever hear of that Roman method of execution where they'd put a guy into a sack with a dog, a snake, and a monkey, then throw the sack into a river? Well, the key to safe driving is to assume that is what is going on inside the other cars on the road. Except the guy is trying to have sex with a non-compliant monkey.

• Members
Yeah, watching the rotor just crumble like a cookie was hilarious. Definitely a "doh" moment once they come down the track and see standing water. Oh shi-!

As far as turn 8 at Adelaide; yeah, near right angle turns are dangerous coming in just a touch too hot! LOL!
Yeah, I can just imagine, "We'll just pull this wheel off and take a looOOOHHH... that's not good."

Turn 8's actually nowhere near a right angle, maybe more like 45 degrees. But while in a F1 car it'd be a piece of piss to just go through it flat... not so much in a V8SC. As soon as you see someone take too much of that inside kerb, you know there's a good chance something bad is about to happen. And seeing those huge concrete barriers getting pushed out from the impact, they're hitting 'em damn hard.

They've had to make a rule that 50m or something before the corner, whoever's in front gets right of way and the other guy has to back out. Two cars trying to fight through the corner is pretty much a guaranteed catastrophe. icon_lol.gif

Archived