Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Samsung Galaxy 3S for people that own one?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Samsung Galaxy 3S for people that own one?

    For guys that own one do you love it or hate it compared to all the other phones you have owned?



    Please feel free to state what you like and dislike compared to other phones.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Gibson | Mesa Boogie<br />
    PRS | ESP | Bogner</div>

  • #2
    i dont have one but that phone is a piece of ****************.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">HCAF's resident meathead.</div>

    Comment


    • #3
      I like mine.



      But my previous phone was a flip phone so I can't compare it to anything else.



      So, you ask, why did I choose a Galaxy SIII then? Cuz my daughter switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy. She did the research and I trust her opinion.

      Comment


      • #4
        As someone who is pretty much obsessed with phones i'll lay down my thoughts..



        I have had the phone 3 times trying to get away from iphones(iOS has been getting stale for the last couple years)



        Each time i had the s3 the same things sucked..



        1. The screen absolutely sucks outside in daylight...AMOLED screens are just junk outside. No comparison to IPS LCD.



        2. Colors WAY over saturated as usual on Samsung phones, nothing looks realistic. Color profile is only adjustable on international versions.



        3. Android, Even though ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean are nice, still a very cumbersome OS.



        4. Battery life was meh, probably about 3hrs expected usage per day. On weekends the phone was dead all the time when going out to bars/clubs..got sick of that really quick.



        Only thing i will recommend is get a phone with a IPS LCD. 10x better and more realistic looking color profiles. There are only a few phones out there with them though..



        Iphone - 4 - 4s - 5

        HTC - OneX and 8x

        Nokia - 922

        HTC - Droid DNA





        Either way..if you must stick with android and have verizon, get the DNA. It blows the S3 apart in all catergories..Plus it has the new efficient IPS LCD's from sharp and battery life is great from what i have been reading(10-20% better than the S3)



        If your open to change and hate iphones..try out the Windows phones, they are great. I am probably going to pick up the 8x in the next couple weeks here to replace my iphone 5.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Guitars:</b> </font></font><br />
        2012 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute Goldtop<br />
        2011 Ibanez RG3550MZ Galaxy Black<br />
        <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Amps:</b> </font></font><br />
        Marshall 78' JMP MKII 2204<br />
        Peavey XXX 4x12 Slant<br />
        <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Effects:</b> </font></font><br />
        Fulltone OCD<br />
        MXR Chorus 3 Knob<br />
        DOD Phasor 401 <br />
        MXR Carbon Copy <br />
        Barber Tone Press<br />
        Korg PitchBlack Tuner<br />
        ToneBone Bigshot ABY/EFX<br />
        MKS Pedal Pad II<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/eek.gif" border="0" alt="" title="EEK!" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/mad.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Mad" class="inlineimg" /> <br />
        <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cool.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/love.gif" border="0" alt="" title="love" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cry.gif" border="0" alt="" title="cry" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/freak.gif" border="0" alt="" title="freak" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /></div>

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices
          View Post

          As someone who is pretty much obsessed with phones i'll lay down my thoughts..



          I have had the phone 3 times trying to get away from iphones(iOS has been getting stale for the last couple years)



          Each time i had the s3 the same things sucked..



          1. The screen absolutely sucks outside in daylight...AMOLED screens are just junk outside. No comparison to IPS LCD.



          2. Colors WAY over saturated as usual on Samsung phones, nothing looks realistic. Color profile is only adjustable on international versions.



          3. Android, Even though ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean are nice, still a very cumbersome OS.



          4. Battery life was meh, probably about 3hrs expected usage per day. On weekends the phone was dead all the time when going out to bars/clubs..got sick of that really quick.



          Only thing i will recommend is get a phone with a IPS LCD. 10x better and more realistic looking color profiles. There are only a few phones out there with them though..



          Iphone - 4 - 4s - 5

          HTC - OneX and 8x

          Nokia - 922

          HTC - Droid DNA





          Either way..if you must stick with android and have verizon, get the DNA. It blows the S3 apart in all catergories..Plus it has the new efficient IPS LCD's from sharp and battery life is great from what i have been reading(10-20% better than the S3)



          If your open to change and hate iphones..try out the Windows phones, they are great. I am probably going to pick up the 8x in the next couple weeks here to replace my iphone 5.




          Thanks I do kind of want something besides a iPhone. I've thought about the iPhone 5 but it just doesn't make me want one. Don't think the Windows phones would be my thing but worth checking out. I also don't want to spend a fortune so price is factor.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">Gibson | Mesa Boogie<br />
          PRS | ESP | Bogner</div>

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices
            View Post

            As someone who is pretty much obsessed with phones i'll lay down my thoughts..



            I have had the phone 3 times trying to get away from iphones(iOS has been getting stale for the last couple years)



            Each time i had the s3 the same things sucked..



            1. The screen absolutely sucks outside in daylight...AMOLED screens are just junk outside. No comparison to IPS LCD.



            2. Colors WAY over saturated as usual on Samsung phones, nothing looks realistic. Color profile is only adjustable on international versions.



            3. Android, Even though ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean are nice, still a very cumbersome OS.



            4. Battery life was meh, probably about 3hrs expected usage per day. On weekends the phone was dead all the time when going out to bars/clubs..got sick of that really quick.



            Only thing i will recommend is get a phone with a IPS LCD. 10x better and more realistic looking color profiles. There are only a few phones out there with them though..



            Iphone - 4 - 4s - 5

            HTC - OneX and 8x

            Nokia - 922

            HTC - Droid DNA





            Either way..if you must stick with android and have verizon, get the DNA. It blows the S3 apart in all catergories..Plus it has the new efficient IPS LCD's from sharp and battery life is great from what i have been reading(10-20% better than the S3)



            If your open to change and hate iphones..try out the Windows phones, they are great. I am probably going to pick up the 8x in the next couple weeks here to replace my iphone 5.




            3 hours battery life? Get the **************** out of town!
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/DCCEngineering" target="_blank">DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.</a></div><br />
            <div class="bbcode_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote">
            <div class="quote_container">
            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>-Assy-</strong>
            <a href="showthread.php?p=47286599#post47286599" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
            </div>
            <div class="message">Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.</div>

            </div>
            </div>
            </div> </div>

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices
              View Post

              As someone who is pretty much obsessed with phones i'll lay down my thoughts..



              I have had the phone 3 times trying to get away from iphones(iOS has been getting stale for the last couple years)



              Each time i had the s3 the same things sucked..



              1. The screen absolutely sucks outside in daylight...AMOLED screens are just junk outside. No comparison to IPS LCD.



              2. Colors WAY over saturated as usual on Samsung phones, nothing looks realistic. Color profile is only adjustable on international versions.



              3. Android, Even though ICS 4.0 and Jelly Bean are nice, still a very cumbersome OS.



              4. Battery life was meh, probably about 3hrs expected usage per day. On weekends the phone was dead all the time when going out to bars/clubs..got sick of that really quick.



              Only thing i will recommend is get a phone with a IPS LCD. 10x better and more realistic looking color profiles. There are only a few phones out there with them though..



              Iphone - 4 - 4s - 5

              HTC - OneX and 8x

              Nokia - 922

              HTC - Droid DNA





              Either way..if you must stick with android and have verizon, get the DNA. It blows the S3 apart in all catergories..Plus it has the new efficient IPS LCD's from sharp and battery life is great from what i have been reading(10-20% better than the S3)



              If your open to change and hate iphones..try out the Windows phones, they are great. I am probably going to pick up the 8x in the next couple weeks here to replace my iphone 5.




              3 HOURS ?!?!? You're either doing it wrong or on purpose (or got a dud battery) . . .
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkblue">Jet City Earhart<br>Jet City JCA100H -&gt; Avatar 2x12 -&gt; Celestion Lynchbacks</font><br><br>PRS SE 245<br><br>Sterling AX40<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2967536-Soldano-cab-Eminence-speakers-PRS-SE">FOR SALE</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=41556431&amp;postcount=173&quot;">B uy/sell/trade references</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/seventhdaykc">My primary band page (Seventh Day)</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/adamevolving">My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)</a><br><br><br><br>Proud member of the <font color="darkblue"><b><font size="3">Jet Setters</font><font size="3"> (Jet City Lounge)</font></b></font></div>

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic
                View Post

                3 HOURS ?!?!? You're either doing it wrong or on purpose (or got a dud battery) . . .




                That screen on time, not standby time



                Standby with 3hrs usage with a total time of 12hrs including standby off the charger..That falls into line with all the reviews and other peoples usage.
                <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Guitars:</b> </font></font><br />
                2012 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute Goldtop<br />
                2011 Ibanez RG3550MZ Galaxy Black<br />
                <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Amps:</b> </font></font><br />
                Marshall 78' JMP MKII 2204<br />
                Peavey XXX 4x12 Slant<br />
                <font color="Red"><font size="2"><b>Effects:</b> </font></font><br />
                Fulltone OCD<br />
                MXR Chorus 3 Knob<br />
                DOD Phasor 401 <br />
                MXR Carbon Copy <br />
                Barber Tone Press<br />
                Korg PitchBlack Tuner<br />
                ToneBone Bigshot ABY/EFX<br />
                MKS Pedal Pad II<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/eek.gif" border="0" alt="" title="EEK!" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/mad.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Mad" class="inlineimg" /> <br />
                <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cool.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Cool" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/love.gif" border="0" alt="" title="love" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/cry.gif" border="0" alt="" title="cry" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/freak.gif" border="0" alt="" title="freak" class="inlineimg" /><img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/wave.gif" border="0" alt="" title="wave" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Galaxy S III is my first ever smartphone and I'm amazed at the **************** it can do. My last cellphone was, like, 10 years ago.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>BrendanO</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=40230264#post40230264" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">We're gonna ****************. I'm not sayin' who's sticking what, where; I'm just sayin', we're gonna ****************.</div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> </div>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    **************** samsung screens. They put an annoying blue tint in in their screen, is washes everything over and looks fake. My HTC's LCD screen looks a MILLION times better and is brighter.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home.&quot;<br />
                    <br />
                    <b><u>Heads:</u></b><br />
                    Egnater Armageddon<br />
                    VHT Deliverance<br />
                    Titan Custom 100<br />
                    Baron MII 100<br />
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203KK<br />
                    VHT 100 CL<br />
                    Splawn Nitro<br />
                    Peavey 6505 &amp; FJA 6505 &amp; 5150 II<br />
                    Krank Krankenstein +<br />
                    Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue<br />
                    Rivera K-Tre'<br />
                    Framus Cobra &amp; Dragon<br />
                    Ampeg VH-140c<br />
                    Engl Savage 120 &amp; Powerball<br />
                    Mesa Dual Rectifier<br />
                    <b>ESP Guitars</b><br />
                    <br />
                    HC References<br />
                    <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2242115" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115</a></div>

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVoices
                      View Post

                      That screen on time, not standby time



                      Standby with 3hrs usage with a total time of 12hrs including standby off the charger..That falls into line with all the reviews and other peoples usage.




                      Ahhh, I misunderstood. I recently had a similar discussion with FRPC about battery saving, and Juice Defender may be something to look at to help maximize battery life. Have WiFi turned off when screen is off, maybe a CPU controller too. Smartphones are great with all we can do with them; having a great battery life is its only big downfall.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="darkblue">Jet City Earhart<br>Jet City JCA100H -&gt; Avatar 2x12 -&gt; Celestion Lynchbacks</font><br><br>PRS SE 245<br><br>Sterling AX40<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2967536-Soldano-cab-Eminence-speakers-PRS-SE">FOR SALE</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=41556431&amp;postcount=173&quot;">B uy/sell/trade references</a><br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/seventhdaykc">My primary band page (Seventh Day)</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/adamevolving">My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)</a><br><br><br><br>Proud member of the <font color="darkblue"><b><font size="3">Jet Setters</font><font size="3"> (Jet City Lounge)</font></b></font></div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I don't have the S3, but I have a Galaxy Nexus running Jellybean. Android is great, **************** the haters.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote">
                        <div class="quote_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Y0UNGBL00D</strong>
                        <a href="showthread.php?p=44331352#post44331352" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                        </div>
                        <div class="message">verf code: pepi/charveldan news team</div>

                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div> <a href="http://netmusicians.org/index.php?value=exafro&amp;section=user" target="_blank">netmusicians</a><br />
                        <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=604313" target="_blank">soundclick</a> <br />
                        <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?pxopa10y1u7mkpf" target="_blank">Download my Demo for Free</a><br />
                        Spam: EHX Deluxe Memory Man. Big Box version $325? make offer<br />
                        EHX The Worm $65<br />
                        Boss GE-7 $60<br />
                        Boss TU-2 $65</div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had the S3 for a while and totally loved it. Best phone I've ever had and I've had A LOT of them (IT guy where I work so I pretty much end up test all the phones that come through the company now.



                          The phone gets even better if you root it. Battery life gets longer, ad blocking, free wifi-hotspot...
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><b><a href="http://proletariatband.com/" target="_blank">PROLETARIAT</a></b></font><br />
                          <br />
                          <div class="bbcode_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote">
                          <div class="quote_container">
                          <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                          <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                          <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Norton666</strong>

                          </div>
                          <div class="message">Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............</div>

                          </div>
                          </div>
                          </div> </div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            So flash is not being updated for any android os 4.0 and above?
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Some guys like a challenge. Not me.</div>

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by Shine
                              View Post

                              So flash is not being updated for any android os 4.0 and above?




                              It's not being updates on any version of Android. It's not available in the market anymore either. However you can still download the old versions for Android from Adobe's site.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><b><a href="http://proletariatband.com/" target="_blank">PROLETARIAT</a></b></font><br />
                              <br />
                              <div class="bbcode_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote">
                              <div class="quote_container">
                              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Norton666</strong>

                              </div>
                              <div class="message">Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............</div>

                              </div>
                              </div>
                              </div> </div>

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X