Have you ever had an amp that...

KCTigerChief

• Members

Every time you turn it on, you say "wow...THAT is my sound..."

I'm getting that with the Bogner. I could look at other amps, but when I realize I have a Fender Clean, Marshall Crunch, and searing liquidy lead tone, that pretty much kills amp GAS.

I've only had the amp about a month, but, still loving it Totally_jammin_out.gif

My pedal GAS and guitar GAS on the other hand..... cry.gif

• Members

Don't feel bad. My GAS for pedals is unreal right now. I've basically redone my whole board in the last two months, an still have the urge to pick up several more pedals.

But I can't yet. I ordered a pedalboard/case from Salvage Custom and I'm waiting to get that in so I can see how much room ill have.

#firstworldproblems

• Members

I played a Shiva last night at a friends rehearsal and was blown away,but I hear the Ecstasy is even better. I am picking up the Bogner Blue pedal tomorrow and I am getting a Splawn Nitro also, so hopefully that will cure my gas for the time being.

• Members

Been saying that same thing since last march when I bought the mak4. Literally one of the last pieces of gear I would ever consider selling

I really wish I could get it converted down to 2 spaces though, so everything would fit in my 6 space rack. I was excited when he started talking about it. Oh well.

Glad you love the 101b, id love to own one some day!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ju5t1n20

View Post

Don't feel bad. My GAS for pedals is unreal right now. I've basically redone my whole board in the last two months, an still have the urge to pick up several more pedals.

But I can't yet. I ordered a pedalboard/case from Salvage Custom and I'm waiting to get that in so I can see how much room ill have.

#firstworldproblems

Dude, your pedal fiasco has been insane icon_lol.gif I love it! icon_lol.gif Let me know how the pedalboard/case works out for ya! I just have a pedal train, but it does ok!

Quote Originally Posted by shane159

View Post

I played a Shiva last night at a friends rehearsal and was blown away,but I hear the Ecstasy is even better. I am picking up the Bogner Blue pedal tomorrow and I am getting a Splawn Nitro also, so hopefully that will cure my gas for the time being.

Nice man! From what I've heard, the Bogner pedals get about 75-80% of the way there...I need to play one in person, and really would love to run one through the loop of my bogner and compare the channels.

Tough to get everything from the preamp circuit into a pedal!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

Been saying that same thing since last march when I bought the mak4. Literally one of the last pieces of gear I would ever consider selling

I hear you man! I'm a gearwhore, but I'm thinking I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time.

• Members

Well, first off, I don't think I'm a one sound kinda guy. I've found "my sound" with a number of different amps, and while they might have sounded significantly different, they were what I was looking for from each particular amp. However, having said that, my 3 channel Dual Rectifier just does it for me more so than any other amp I've used, and I don't play Nickelback type bro-rock

• Members

Bryan - I found that with my JCA setup, but I've played some amps that have sounded so good to my ears that my playing seems to go to another level. Lead riffs just seem to pop out of nowhere. I guess good tone could be indirectly related to good playing.

I recall 4 amps that I've had that experience with: Carvin Legacy, Jet City, Bogner Uber, and believe it or not that little 15 watter DSL I played yesterday.

• Members

I have that with my 2203. It's why i have had it for 10 years or so now. I also felt that way when i had a JCA100H (but only after i put Sovtek 6L6WXT+'s in it). It was different, but it was awesome. I only sold it because i had a friend that really needed an amp cheap and i wasn't using it. My DSL50 does it for me at high volumes too. Basically, i can get that feeling from any Marshall based circuit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief

View Post

Dude, your pedal fiasco has been insane icon_lol.gif I love it! icon_lol.gif Let me know how the pedalboard/case works out for ya! I just have a pedal train, but it does ok!

This is what its going to look like!

CFBF8726-EA13-4FB3-A536-87C9FBAFE4E9-341

I am itching for a Strymon Mobius, but I need to get the salvage in and get it wired in to see how much room I will have.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by atrox

View Post

I have that with my 2203. It's why i have had it for 10 years or so now. I also felt that way when i had a JCA100H (but only after i put Sovtek 6L6WXT+'s in it). It was different, but it was awesome. I only sold it because i had a friend that really needed an amp cheap and i wasn't using it. My DSL50 does it for me at high volumes too. Basically, i can get that feeling from any Marshall based circuit.

Yup, I think I'm the same way. Marshall based and I'm there. I tried to get into Mesa amps, but never really could. My fallback was usually Peavey amps for the longest time, but I figured out that Marshall-esque is my flavor and that helps me with future gear thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

Meh, I dial everything in to sound pretty similar no matter the gear.

This. My Superbass was my tone for a long time. These days I like the Mojave because it takes the Superbass and adds more to it, but its also rare and I never see people using them.

Archived