Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had an amp that...

Every time you turn it on, you say "wow...THAT is my sound..."

I'm getting that with the Bogner. I could look at other amps, but when I realize I have a Fender Clean, Marshall Crunch, and searing liquidy lead tone, that pretty much kills amp GAS.

I've only had the amp about a month, but, still loving it

My pedal GAS and guitar GAS on the other hand.....
    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Don't feel bad. My GAS for pedals is unreal right now. I've basically redone my whole board in the last two months, an still have the urge to pick up several more pedals.

But I can't yet. I ordered a pedalboard/case from Salvage Custom and I'm waiting to get that in so I can see how much room ill have.

#firstworldproblems
    Crook Custom Telecaster - Blue Sparkle Paisley
    Fender American Telecaster - 3-Tone Burst
    Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Trident Stage I
    Mesa/Boogie 2-12 Recto Cab
    Peavey Bandit
    Peavey Special 112
    Xotic, Fulltone, Ibanez Effects
    TC Electronic iB Modified G-System

Originally Posted by charveldan

Drunk guy through a PV, that's Rock-n-Roll.

Good transactions: Whirlwind, Geese_com, Ultron, Soundgardener75, Caustic69, EJ, Mercutioburns

‎Founder of the HCAF SS

Comment

I played a Shiva last night at a friends rehearsal and was blown away,but I hear the Ecstasy is even better. I am picking up the Bogner Blue pedal tomorrow and I am getting a Splawn Nitro also, so hopefully that will cure my gas for the time being.
      Great deals with: Draco Aron X 2 , Holy War, Edge of Darkness X 2, freehandarson, Chrisjd, Yo_Squig, Crank, Abstract, xnatex, Norton666, JSilverstein, Elemenope, moop, Ricky Rockhardo

Originally Posted by madryan

That's the problem with Marshalls... They cut right through.

"

B.) Bending a woman over and seeing sphincter art is pretty much a clear signal that she wants you to salt the Devil's Onion Ring.

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

Kinda how I quit drinking for a long time. That was lame so I started again

Comment

Been saying that same thing since last march when I bought the mak4. Literally one of the last pieces of gear I would ever consider selling

I really wish I could get it converted down to 2 spaces though, so everything would fit in my 6 space rack. I was excited when he started talking about it. Oh well.

Glad you love the 101b, id love to own one some day!
        strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by ju5t1n20
          View Post

Don't feel bad. My GAS for pedals is unreal right now. I've basically redone my whole board in the last two months, an still have the urge to pick up several more pedals.

But I can't yet. I ordered a pedalboard/case from Salvage Custom and I'm waiting to get that in so I can see how much room ill have.

#firstworldproblems

Dude, your pedal fiasco has been insane I love it! Let me know how the pedalboard/case works out for ya! I just have a pedal train, but it does ok!

Quote Originally Posted by shane159
          View Post

I played a Shiva last night at a friends rehearsal and was blown away,but I hear the Ecstasy is even better. I am picking up the Bogner Blue pedal tomorrow and I am getting a Splawn Nitro also, so hopefully that will cure my gas for the time being.

Nice man! From what I've heard, the Bogner pedals get about 75-80% of the way there...I need to play one in person, and really would love to run one through the loop of my bogner and compare the channels.

Tough to get everything from the preamp circuit into a pedal!

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
          Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell
            View Post

Been saying that same thing since last march when I bought the mak4. Literally one of the last pieces of gear I would ever consider selling

I hear you man! I'm a gearwhore, but I'm thinking I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time.

Comment

Yep, bought my Deliverance 60 four or five years ago and it still blows me away every time I turn it on.

My Prosonic does the same thing but the D60 is definitely "my sound".
              Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Id love to hear a fish vs a 101b in the same room...
                strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

I found my sound back in 2006 with this in a studio. Glad i could finally afford one in 2011.

New song "Winnie Cooper" by Leave Her Crying! Only $0.99!
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/leavehercrying

Great HC Transactions - Erock503, Rat83, JimAnsell

Comment

Well, first off, I don't think I'm a one sound kinda guy. I've found "my sound" with a number of different amps, and while they might have sounded significantly different, they were what I was looking for from each particular amp. However, having said that, my 3 channel Dual Rectifier just does it for me more so than any other amp I've used, and I don't play Nickelback type bro-rock

Comment

no
                      Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Bryan - I found that with my JCA setup, but I've played some amps that have sounded so good to my ears that my playing seems to go to another level. Lead riffs just seem to pop out of nowhere. I guess good tone could be indirectly related to good playing.

I recall 4 amps that I've had that experience with: Carvin Legacy, Jet City, Bogner Uber, and believe it or not that little 15 watter DSL I played yesterday.
                        Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

I have that with my 2203. It's why i have had it for 10 years or so now. I also felt that way when i had a JCA100H (but only after i put Sovtek 6L6WXT+'s in it). It was different, but it was awesome. I only sold it because i had a friend that really needed an amp cheap and i wasn't using it. My DSL50 does it for me at high volumes too. Basically, i can get that feeling from any Marshall based circuit.
                          My various guitar build • repair • maintenance threads

My Custom Guitar page

Some of my motion graphics ****************

My metal band, Sulaco
                          Download Sulaco, "Build and Burn" for free or pay in any format you want

My instrumental Prog band, BML

1981 Marshall 2203
                          Marshall DSL50

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
                            View Post

Dude, your pedal fiasco has been insane I love it! Let me know how the pedalboard/case works out for ya! I just have a pedal train, but it does ok!

This is what its going to look like!

I am itching for a Strymon Mobius, but I need to get the salvage in and get it wired in to see how much room I will have.
                            Crook Custom Telecaster - Blue Sparkle Paisley
                            Fender American Telecaster - 3-Tone Burst
                            Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Trident Stage I
                            Mesa/Boogie 2-12 Recto Cab
                            Peavey Bandit
                            Peavey Special 112
                            Xotic, Fulltone, Ibanez Effects
                            TC Electronic iB Modified G-System

Originally Posted by charveldan

Drunk guy through a PV, that's Rock-n-Roll.

Good transactions: Whirlwind, Geese_com, Ultron, Soundgardener75, Caustic69, EJ, Mercutioburns

‎Founder of the HCAF SS

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by atrox
                              View Post

I have that with my 2203. It's why i have had it for 10 years or so now. I also felt that way when i had a JCA100H (but only after i put Sovtek 6L6WXT+'s in it). It was different, but it was awesome. I only sold it because i had a friend that really needed an amp cheap and i wasn't using it. My DSL50 does it for me at high volumes too. Basically, i can get that feeling from any Marshall based circuit.

Yup, I think I'm the same way. Marshall based and I'm there. I tried to get into Mesa amps, but never really could. My fallback was usually Peavey amps for the longest time, but I figured out that Marshall-esque is my flavor and that helps me with future gear
                              Jet City EarhartJet City JCA100H -> Avatar 2x12 -> Celestion LynchbacksPRS SE 245Sterling AX40FOR SALEBuy/sell/trade referencesMy primary band page (Seventh Day)My secondary band page (Adam Evolving)Proud member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

Comment

Working...
                              X