compression

13bats

• Members

I think I like it .

I know people say compression is the devil has to be raw and in your face.

I believed this to but I am getting older and quite frankly lazier and dont feel like fighting an amp.

Ive been played Elmwood with Kt88 and old marshall with 6550, very uncompressed where i am using delay verb to try and get a slightly wetter sound as am a light touch legato style player.I can play it fine but notice my fretting hand and wrist starting to be fatigued by the end of the night especially with the big bends

This weekend I borrowed a friends Boogie MKV and my god it was effortless to play and sang for days.

It kind changed my thinking

• Members

I think I like it .

I know people say compression is the devil has to be raw and in your face.

I believed this to but I am getting older and quite frankly lazier and dont feel like fighting an amp.

Ive been played Elmwood with Kt88 and old marshall with 6550, very uncompressed where i am using delay verb to try and get a slightly wetter sound as am a light touch legato style player.I can play it fine but notice my fretting hand and wrist starting to be fatigued by the end of the night especially with the big bends

This weekend I borrowed a friends Boogie MKV and my god it was effortless to play and sang for days.

It kind changed my thinking

Marks are a more compressed amp but they pull it off well. Not overboard or anything. One of my favs for sure. If you want a good middle of the road boogie get a Mark III. It's a bit rawer than the Mark IV and Mark V but still has alot of the same vibe. Cheaper too.

• Members

Marks are modern high gain, but aren't over the top gain, and are still pretty open in tone if you ask me.

A dood that plays a Rectifier, or a 5150 would think a Mark is to low gain.

Disagree. Im a 5150 guy, and Ive never thought a mark has too little gain. Those things are capable of tons of gain...

• Members

Compression is awesome, especially if you like to shred :rawk:

It's funny because compression-wise, my two main amps are like night and day (Deliverance being pretty well-known for its dynamic range, while the lead channel on my Fender Prosonic is ultra-compressed) and I absolutely adore them both.

Different streaks for different freaks :cool:

• Members

I love my UltraLead (probably the least compressed amp ever) for rhythm work, but if you're keeping the gain low, the amp can fight you on lead work. I like to use a clean boost to get a little more gain and a little more compression to keep the leads flowing like liquid sunshine.

Archived