Better than Hendrix?

tilimo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

Yeah, that ^^ and SRV's version of Little Wing much more do it for me TBQH. Dude was just so clean and precise with his note choices while being raunchy at the same time. Great stuff.

His attack was ferocious.

He was also so much more than a blues player. I love the last minute of the video above. He just rapes the feedback and Wah. Total sonic manipulation.

• Members
His attack was ferocious.

He was also so much more than a blues player. I love the last minute of the video above. He just rapes the feedback and Wah. Total sonic manipulation.

Yeah that's from the ACL videos. I remember to this day what FYE I bought my VHS copy of that thing from. :thu: Having the contrast a few songs while he was green from I think '81 contrasted to when he was in the prime of his life with the full 4-pc band is just awesome. I really like that version of Texas Flood too. It's not my favorite, but it's up there for sure. Even tho he's a guitard, he's the main reason I wanted to play a stringed instrument. It blew my mind that level of playing existed when I was like 12/13.

• Members

Yeah that's from the ACL videos. I remember to this day what FYE I bought my VHS copy of that thing from.
:thu:
Having the contrast a few songs while he was green from I think '81 contrasted to when he was in the prime of his life with the full 4-pc band is just awesome. I really like that version of Texas Flood too. It's not my favorite, but it's up there for sure. Even tho he's a guitard, he's the main reason I wanted to play a stringed instrument. It blew my mind that level of playing existed when I was like 12/13.

We used to watch ACL religiously when I was a kid. Back then, I had no idea how truly powerful that show is. He tore up the Newport Jazz Festival back when I was just a dumb punk rock kid and didn't know any better. I'm about ten years too young. The greats used to come through here on the reg.

Archived