OT: Authors similar to John Grisham, Tom Clancy, Clive Cussler, Stephen Hunter...help

KCTigerChief

• Members

W. E. B. Griffen

He has a cop series, a couple of ww2 series, o.s.s. series, presidential series.
All in all, about 40 or so books.

Not as technical as clancy. Not as predictable as cussler.

Nelson demille. Has really great character development.
wrote the book "the general's daughter" which was made into a movie.
has about a dozen books.

• Members

I've never been able to finish a Le Carre book for some reason. Not enough action for me I guess.

Don't forget the granddaddy of modern spy novels--Ian Fleming. A big part of the reason that the Bond stories were as successful as they were was that he knew what he was talking about. The guy was pretty high up in British naval intelligence during WWII.

• Members

Good choices in here guys, exactly what I was looking for!

Also, if none of you have heard about Daniel Suarez, check his books out. He's only got 3 right now, but Daemon and Freedom are great books. If you are an IT guy, you will appreciate them. Hell even if you aren't, they are still great. Daemon is about a Video Game developer who writes a Daemon before he dies that ends up controlling a LOT of stuff. Very interesting, and even more crazy is it's all available technology, which means it could actually happen.

• Members

Check out Jo Nesbo. I started with the Leopard which was fantastic, but was like number 6 in the Harry Hole series. I read the first one and while quite good, it wasn't as good. I think he got better as he went a long. I recommended Leopard to a friend who loved it as well. Start there.

• Members

Fuuuuuck...I'll never have time to read all this stuf icon_lol.gif

A while ago I bought some "lots" off ebay. 44 Clancy book, 38 Cussler books, and 25 grisham books...I already had most of Stephen Hunter and Ludlums stuff...

I have plenty to read, but just wanted to see if there were some more Authors in these genres I was missing. Looks like there are lots icon_lol.gif

Archived