Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan becomes another Right to Work state :-)

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Michigan becomes another Right to Work state :-)

    Score!



    May the jobs be with you



    http://reason.com/blog/2012/12/06/d-...ork-in-mi-ver2









    D-Day for Right-to-Work in Michigan



    Shikha Dalmia|Dec. 6, 2012 9:12 am







    Today might be D-day for the Right-to-Work battle in Michigan. Emboldened by the defeat of the union-backed Protect Our Jobs constitutional initiative that would have forever banned Michigan from going RTW, Michigan Republicans

  • #2
    great lakes, great times
    strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

    WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

    fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

    Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

    Comment


    • #3
      Part of me worries that this will be used to justify lower wages and general ****************ing employees.

      The rest of me knows how the big unions systematically gutted the Michigan economy for 40 years and left an empty shell.



      TL/DR: I'm a bit conflicted on this one.
      Good Transactions - Peavey VTM Mods Lounge
      The Legacy Of...

      Comment


      • #4
        i cant believe unions even exist anymore anywhere. theyre a relic of another age. ****************ing leeches.

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom
          View Post

          i cant believe unions even exist anymore anywhere. theyre a relic of another age. ****************ing leeches.




          When they're all gone you'll know why they were needed in the first place.

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues
            View Post

            When they're all gone you'll know why they were needed in the first place.




            using that logic union leaders go home with multi million dollar salaries while their respective industry fails.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yay Michigan !
              Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~
              .

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by Sixtonoize
                View Post

                Part of me worries that this will be used to justify lower wages and general ****************ing employees.

                The rest of me knows how the big unions systematically gutted the Michigan economy for 40 years and left an empty shell.



                TL/DR: I'm a bit conflicted on this one.






                The whole point of this bill is to ALLOW people to take lower wages.



                Some people can't see the big picture.

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom
                  View Post

                  using that logic union leaders go home with multi million dollar salaries while their respective industry fails.




                  You're gonna have to walk me through that, I don't see the connection with what I said.



                  I didn't say there wasn't any abuse of the union system, it's rampant. But the union ideal is a good and necessary one. They just got too powerful and "started drinking their own whiskey". Now the pendelum is swinging back, hard. It needs to swing back but it always swings too far.

                  Comment


                  • #10






                    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues
                    View Post

                    You're gonna have to walk me through that, I don't see the connection with what I said.



                    I didn't say there wasn't any abuse of the union system, it's rampant. But the union ideal is a good and necessary one. They just got too powerful and "started drinking their own whiskey". Now the pendelum is swinging back, hard. It needs to swing back but it always swings too far.




                    What special privileges would you like unions to have?

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEHCSHa98k

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Sixtonoize
                        View Post

                        Part of me worries that this will be used to justify lower wages and general ****************ing employees.

                        The rest of me knows how the big unions systematically gutted the Michigan economy for 40 years and left an empty shell.



                        TL/DR: I'm a bit conflicted on this one.




                        Why would you think this LOL It's like meatballs
                        MFPOMFS

                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

                        Comment


                        • #13






                          Quote Originally Posted by Sixtonoize
                          View Post

                          Part of me worries that this will be used to justify lower wages and general ****************ing employees.

                          The rest of me knows how the big unions systematically gutted the Michigan economy for 40 years and left an empty shell.



                          TL/DR: I'm a bit conflicted on this one.




                          My feelings as well pretty much.
                          Originally Posted by TheEternal


                          Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?









                          Originally Posted by Neilrocks25


                          life's too short not to eat bee's




                          Good Transactions

                          Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
                          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

                          Fix Congress First

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked
                            View Post

                            What special privileges would you like unions to have?




                            Special? I guess "none".



                            What powers should unions have in general? Well, that would take a book long answer I'm not qualified to write.



                            I'm in favor of the idea of unions in theory. In practise, well, I'm not in love with them. But unskilled labor needs some kind of protection. I can't think of any alternative that would be better than unions.



                            Just for the record, other than some summer laborer jobs I've had I've never been in a union.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Unions are just another symptom of our habits and behaviors. It's no use defending or attacking them. (even though my emotional side hates the unions.)



                              The crescendo culminates in the reckoning day of our national debt exploding in our faces.



                              Let's just drive toward the edge of fiscal insanity and disaster and get it over with.
                              BRO CLUB Member: BROSLINGER
                              Proudly uses: STOMP UNDER FOOT pedals.

                              Comment













                              Working...
                              X