Would you go see Big Wreck...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you go see Big Wreck...

... if you had to watch Theory of a Deadman too

Big Wreck are on that list of bands I want to see, but I don't think I can stand Theory of a Deadman for a whole set, and I don't know who's playing first.

HCAF, wat do

Go, and bring an iPod and headphones just in case you catch Theory of a Deadman.
    When shopping for some cans, The Hiryuu passed away...he floated up toward heaven, but got lost along the way. Now he's the Love-Matic Gramp........err, Thy God.

ABNORMALITY - Contaminating the Hive Mind out now on Sevared Records!
    Abnormality Merch! Shirts and CDs!

...and here's the Youtube.

Comment

They're playing the Jubilee? That would sound awesome. You could check a blog or something from the tour to find out what the lineup was.

Comment

I had to suffer through TOAD a few years ago. Every don't was about the singer bitching about his GF. I never had anything against TOAD, but after seeing them live, they were horrible.

I will say, the backline included some early Mesa 2 Channel Rectos, and the tone coming out those amps sounded great.
        *************SPAM*************
        Gretsch Jet Pro (pre-lawsuit) - $550
        Ibanez RG Custom w/Floyd Rose - $450
        2005 Schecter Scorpion Baritone w/Coil-Taps - $350

GIBSON | MESA/BOOGIE | MXR/DUNLOP

Mark III Coliseum (Blue Stripe) | Mark III (Blue Stripe) | Mark IV (Widebody Combo) | Mark IV (Medium Head) | Triple Rectifier (Rev. G) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. D) | Dual Rectifier (Blackface Rev. G) | Rectifier Standard 4X12

Comment

I'd find a way to miss ToaD's set. Just sit at the bar with earplugs in. Noise cancelling headphones if you've got em
          Gibson Les Paul Traditional
          Warmoth Custom Soloist
          Ibanez S370
          Gibson SG Special
          '77 Marshall JMP 2203
          http://www.myspace.com/sonicimages
          --------

Originally Posted by RaceU4her

i have 12,000+ posts at HCAF, of course im a ****************ing tone guru

Comment

Yeah it's at the Jubilee. It's a co-headliner tour so I dunno who will play first.

Comment

I would suffer through Justin Bieber, Nickelback AND Attack Attack! just to see Big Wreck.

Glad I at least got to see them back in '01.
              Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

Originally Posted by Murdoch

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

I seen them here in Halifax a month ago, Big Wreck came on first, put on an amazing show. Theory came on second and before the second song was done the GF and I were on our way to a coffee shop.

Comment

yeah I would.. just ignore the first band. Big Wreck is awesome.
                  http://www.guitarampboard.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
                    View Post

yeah I would.. just ignore the first band. Big Wreck is awesome.

The entire "Albatross" record is just soooo ****************ing good. Ian Thornley is one of the most talented cats around today, IMO.
                    Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob m/m/

Uses & abuses: Mesa/Fender/Charvel/Jackson/Gibson/every pedal ever created.

Good deals: The Rossness, Laura the Valve Queen

Mustaine-Who? is a scammer, avoid this prick like the PLAGUE!

Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

So in conclusion, if you like pussy then you like Strats. If you don't like Strats, it's because you secretly don't like pussy.

Originally Posted by NaturalBornBoy

Sheikpwnt

We like to think of it as you leaving a foot-wide trail of fishy-smelling sand wherever you go.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
                      View Post

... if you had to watch Theory of a Deadman too

Big Wreck are on that list of bands I want to see, but I don't think I can stand Theory of a Deadman for a whole set, and I don't know who's playing first.

HCAF, wat do

Actually TODM isn't that bad live.....saw them a year or so ago....Pretty cool when the singer is the lead guitarist...I like that. Some of their stuff is Nicklebackish....I simply overlooked that.

BIG WRECK is one giant pile of TALENT..............You MUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Originally Posted by chainsaw fats
                      Can I drink your piss?

Great people: d_dave_c, wbcsound.

Comment

Listen intensely to TOAD's set, it will make Big Wrecks performance a Godlike experience afterwards .
                        Gear : peavey wolfgang special, gibson les paul studio alpine white, mexican floyd rose strat,jet city 100h,jet city 4x12 cab, engl 1x12 (vin 30), engl 1x12 cab (k 85) ,weeping demon wah, bad monkey, ibanez ts9, tc corona chorus, hardwire delay, boss volume, tc polytune mini, cort acoustic, various line 6 stuff...

"in your darkest hour you strike gold."

Comment

meh, TOAD gets good toanes live, even if the rest of their stuff is meh at best. i'd still go, and have seen way worse live.
                          #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

If you haven't seen BW live, the answer is obvious: go!

Comment

This show came to my town earlier this week. Decided not to go because of TOAD. I just saw BW earlier this year and they were amazing. I would go if you haven't seen BW play their new songs live. Ian is an absolute beast. He makes those ripping solos look effortless and can sing his f***ing balls off.
                              Originally Posted by Aibric

I've seen goatse so many times that it long ago lost its shock value. Now its kind of nostalgic. I see it and think of those bygone days when seeing a man spread his own anus impossibly wide disturbed me to the core.

F e n d e r || P R S || P e t e r s || B u d d a

Comment

Working...
                              X