Thieves ftl; stolen Christmas present content

Ron Burgandy

• Members

As most of you know I work from home meaning when I shop online it's fool proof.

I ordered a bunch of presents for my kids for Christmas.

Well today I had to run in to the office to train someone and sure enough a bunch of stuff was delivered and left on my front porch about an hour before I got home. when I get home it's gone.

One of the items I ordered last month and won't be able to replace in time for Christmas.

I mean Christmas isn't ruined or anything and I'm hoping FedEx will be easy to deal with but this sucks. What kind of {censored}bag steals around the holidays? frown.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
yeah this time of year you can't even trust the delivery person , still there are probably car loads of dirty crooks following those trucks around right now .
You can if it's UPS and probably FedEx. Every package on the truck is scanned in and tracked. If it shows up missing it comes out of the driver's pay. I guess they could hatch an elaborate scheme and fake a robbery or something like that, but with the tracking technology of today it would be pretty hard. The warehouse is where theft usually occurs.

Sorry to hear about the theft. If had scumbags steal packages from me a few times. My only consolation was that it was something that they would have almost no use for and probably not be able to sell for profit.

• Members

that's pretty lame mang, sorry to hear frown.gif

luckily my front door isn't that easily seen from the street as there's giant ass trees and crape myrtles in the way and there's a little alcove where the delivery peeps usually put mah shiz. however, for something THAT big to have a tryke in it, yeah they'd notice.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
I'm pissed. The main issue is the custom tricycle I ordered and had built. It matched my bike so my boy could go riding with me in the park.

It's not like it's irreplaceable but again won't be under the tree. He's been wanting a "bi-kuhl" for months now frown.gif
Damn that's awful. Have you talked to any of your neighbors about it? I'm sure they didn't see anybody but you might want to let them know they're some mognoloids runnin' around.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JonVengeance View Post
You can if it's UPS and probably FedEx. Every package on the truck is scanned in and tracked. If it shows up missing it comes out of the driver's pay. I guess they could hatch an elaborate scheme and fake a robbery or something like that, but with the tracking technology of today it would be pretty hard. The warehouse is where theft usually occurs.

Sorry to hear about the theft. If had scumbags steal packages from me a few times. My only consolation was that it was something that they would have almost no use for and probably not be able to sell for profit.
Yeah perhaps I shouldn't put all that on the driver , still UPS hires these kids that look fresh out of juvy this time of year and hell if I can put much trust in them .Still I trust my neighborhood even less .

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
I'm pissed. The main issue is the custom tricycle I ordered and had built. It matched my bike so my boy could go riding with me in the park.

It's not like it's irreplaceable but again won't be under the tree. He's been wanting a "bi-kuhl" for months now frown.gif
GAWD DAMN. OK, pissed for you. That {censored} is MESSED UP. Having a custom trike built for your kid is awesome. Having some douchetard steal it is just intolerable.

What the hell is wrong with people?

• Members

that's pretty lame mang, sorry to hear
:(

luckily my front door isn't that easily seen from the street as there's giant ass trees and crape myrtles in the way and there's a little alcove where the delivery peeps usually put mah shiz. however, for something THAT big to have a tryke in it, yeah they'd notice.

none of that matter if the thieves are following the delivery truck around, which they often do. really sucks.

• Members

I remember talking to a friend of mine who's LADP a few years ago about this when I had a package stolen from my porch.... he was telling me that 90% of theft from garage, yard, porch etc is committed by folks who are very comfortable with the area and have the opportunity to watch who comes and goes in your street without raising suspicion etc.... i.e. your {censored}ing neighbors.

It's really {censored}ed up, this kind of {censored} pisses me off.

Archived