OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
I drink daily. Generally from the time I get off from work till I go to bed or maybe a little before I go to bed. On the weekends, I generally start drinking in the early afternoon and stop when I go to bed.
I figured out how to drink in my sleep.

now I gotta work out that pissing problem.

• Members

I don't drink every night. If I do, it starts to bring me down. If I am drinking on a weeknight it's usually 2-3 beers. On the weekends if I'm getting drunk it's about 8-10 beers. Going past that amount gets me uber-drunk unless it's been spread out over a long time. It's usually 8-10 beers over about a 3 hour period. I usually probably drink 2 weeknights and one weekend night hard. Still all hard to gauge this though.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by this is paul View Post
Id imagine society views "normal" as 1-3 drinks with dinner or going out. And maybe once a week at that.

I personally drink a lot less now, maybe 1-3 beers once every week or two on a Friday or Saturday. I used to drink Friday/Saturday nights and have probably 6-8 beers.
Definitely depends on the society. Southern Louisiana is pretty fond of drinking, and most people I know have at least one drink a day. Most of my friends have a few more than that every day.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

I drink daily. Generally from the time I get off from work till I go to bed or maybe a little before I go to bed. On the weekends, I generally start drinking in the early afternoon and stop when I go to bed.

Sustainable life styles, how do they work?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
Definitely depends on the society. Southern Louisiana is pretty fond of drinking, and most people I know have at least one drink a day. Most of my friends have a few more than that every day.
I came back in to say that. When I lived in AZ there was a lot more drinking. My brother knew a family who would have over there friends and everyone would bring there kids (3-8 years old). Then the parents would get absolutely plastered and stay til 3am freak.gif

Here in Chicago it's a little different. But at 27 I still have a lot of friends that go hard every weekend. It's just not for me anymore.

A few years ago i'd consider myself an average weekend bar type. 8 beers or so was a pretty common # then

• Members

On average about every other weekend. Amount varies if I'm driving or have a place I can crash or at a place I can crash.

There are times where I'll drink every weekend casually then stretches where I'll drink heavily icon_lol.gif Just depends on if there is a special occasion or if we just feel like having a good time. Weekdays only for MNF or TNF really. On occasion I'll meet a buddy for a beer or 4 but not very often we both got work and he has a wife on his case.

I'd imagine thats average.

• Members

For a while there, i was finishing a fifth of whiskey every few days. It wasn't making my life any better said, '{censored} that.' Went back to the few beers every couple days. I had built up a huge tolerance and so i got bored.

Luckily for my liver and i, I was recently prescribed a medication for something totally unrelated. One of the side effects is that i barely feel the effects of alcohol (if i feel em at all). I tested this by drinking 3 or 4 shots of whiskey in a somewhat rapid succession two hours after taking my medication. Felt nothing. Boring. Haven't had any alcohol since.

This is really gonna test my "I drink beer for the taste" argument.

Archived