Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
    View Post

I have a single beer maybe once every week or two. Being drunk is the dirtiest, crappiest feeling any substance can give you IMO. Besides, you're drinking a friggin SOLVENT to get ****************ed up.

agree completely, and that's about how much I drink but for me it's once a month and it ends up being 2 jack daniels on the rocks.
    Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
    Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

I actually don't drink at all... I also don't smoke. I share the same view as James Randi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZAr9CKme4M
      HCAF Public Enemy #1
      VHT Pittbull CLX
      VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
      Jackson Soloist SL2H
      Jackson DKMG EMG 81/85 18v

Originally Posted by nedezero

You realize under Sharia law, she'll be required to get a circumcision.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Slunderfungus
        View Post

Actually alcohol, especially beer, is the one of the most natural occurences in nature, They've done some shows on it on the History Channel, you might want to watch them. Then again, they didn't cover anything we hadn't gone over in several Anthropology classes, since alcohol, mainly beer, has been around as long as agriculture, as has wine, since it just naturally happenes to most fruits and garins under the right circumstances.

The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

2 cases of beer (pints) per week. 1 case during the week, 1 for the weekend.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus
            View Post

I drink daily. Generally from the time I get off from work till I go to bed or maybe a little before I go to bed. On the weekends, I generally start drinking in the early afternoon and stop when I go to bed.

Thank you .. You saved me typing time
            MFPOMFS

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪ ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪♫♪

Comment

I enjoy drinking, what can I say? I like beer (good micro brew and swill, too if its hot out or one needs to take it easy on alcohol content) I like red wine and I like gin, vodka, tequila and scotch whiskey. I am not the guy who does the "Century Club" any more, but if the time and place is right I will have a good time and have as many drinks at that takes. Of course, now that I am older and have kids, the right time and place doesn't present itself too often.

Tonight, my kids are sleeping at my parent's house, and the guys in my band and our wives are going out. My wife, who is an extremely light drinker will drive. Tonight, the game is on and I prepared by getting to bed early last night with no booze.

I'd like to say that I can drink like I used to, but that isn't true. I still consider myself a professional, lol, but recovery time and other more pressing responsibilities have certainly changed the way things work. I don't get terrible hangovers, but after a lot of drinking I will be really tired and not thinking well for most of the day, and I can't have that at work so my gettin' down and dirty times are pretty few and far between any more.

I don't really know what normal is, but if it is 3 drinks at a time, then I surely consume well over that when I drink. I am probably below normal in terms of frequency of drinking.

Comment

I would consider the "norm" to be something around 1-2 drinks per day. I used to drink probably 8-12 drinks per night from Friday to Sunday, but now I rarely drink. Maybe a few beers a month at this point. I just don't have the time to get hammered anymore, plus I felt ****************ty.
                Positive Transactions:Rig-Talk: O'Rourke, 92lx50, Chubtone, Juggernaut, DanyeoHC: leod_74, Dimebag11, floydroseuser, LordOVchaoS, Duderanimous, MatrixClawTGP: RMC519, Red Planet

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven
                  View Post

I have a single beer maybe once every week or two. Being drunk is the dirtiest, crappiest feeling any substance can give you IMO. Besides, you're drinking a friggin SOLVENT to get ****************ed up.

Water is a solvent.

I drink from 12 to 20 drinks per week, give or take. At the higher range, this is not moderate drinking. Do what you will, but don't kid yourself.
                  When someone asks if you are a god, you say yes!

Comment

I work in a dry camp for 2 weeks , I can count on one hand the times I have drank alone

but I party pretty hard when I get time off....my problem is bingeing hard ...if I could stop at 3-4 I'd be fine but it never seems to happen anymore...
                    Member of the Super Awesome Les Paul VM Owners Club!
                    Dann's the Man Gmajor thread
                    Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt1
                    Gmajor FCB Setup guide prt2
                    Problems with Gmajors wheels? click here!

er of the -fx and the JVM

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by TurboRotary13b
                      View Post

I actually don't drink at all... I also don't smoke. I share the same view as James Randi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZAr9CKme4M

That's really fantastic! I mean, I can't say how much I admire him and you for keepin' it real; you know, keepin' your data stream clean and clear. Of course, most people don't do dick with that clean point of view, anymore than a drunk does with his. It certainly doesn't take drugs to delude yourself or funnel the world through your own nice, warm filter. It's not as though the human brain, with it's own endogenous cocktail of bull****************, really has any monopoly on concensus reality.

But still, I'm sure you and Mr. Randi really have a handle on things, and your self-righteous bull**************** is totally, pristinely, scientifically validated.
                      When someone asks if you are a god, you say yes!

Comment

Working...
                      X