Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been drinking everyday......lately just 2-4 beers in a night.
    A while back it was 4-6 a night.
    The drinking wasn't so bad, but I got really distant and lazy.....which had more negative effects than the drinking.

I'm sorta at a tipping point now, as I'm thinking about cutting out the drinking on the weekdays......I'll probably still drink Friday/Saturday, and may some during football or social type things.

My wife can be a little harsh about me drinking, as she rarely drinks at home. She can't handle herself after she hits Stage 3.
    I'm realizing that she's becoming more and more of a prude, while I'm becoming more and more of the opposite.

Throw her down on the bed a **************** the prude right out of her.

Her being miserable is chick speak for "I need a good dicking."
    Look how hard my heart hurts.
    I need help, give me the works.

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

I haven't been drunk on sale for a long time either.

Originally Posted by telephant

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

So stop drinking and become a family man you selfish piece of ****************

Nah, she's harshing my buzz, because I never want to go do stupid **************** with her.....like to see a local production of the Xmas Carol or go to art in the park, or go see a ****************ty jazz band or whatever stupid **************** comes up.

I'll admit our area is pretty boring....not much to do......but that's no excuse not to have standards.
      good deals with: nearly everyone.
      Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Nah, she's harshing my buzz, because I never want to go do stupid **************** with her.....like to see a local production of the Xmas Carol or go to art in the park, or go see a ****************ty jazz band or whatever stupid **************** comes up.

I'll admit our area is pretty boring....not much to do......but that's no excuse not to have standards.

That all sounds fun to me.

Would I go to that **************** on my own? no. Would I go with my girlfriend/wife? **************** yeah.

Sounds like you're an ****************************.
        HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

Wow. Dumbass.

With that attitude, don't be surprised when the bottle is your only companion.

You sound like an uptight loser and I suspect you have a lot less friends than you claim. Also, your wife is probably a fatty.

Comment

Awake = drinking.
            Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

Sounds like you're an ****************************.

Probably.

That stuff does not appeal to me at all. I'm kind of a introvert/wall flower, and doing random meaningless social things does nothing for me.

Comment

Awake = drinking.

asleep = urinating
                HCAF's resident meathead.

Comment

3-4 pints once a week or so, a scotch here & there. I have a runaway once every two months or so and get smashed... I'm a relative lightweight now, if I get to 8 pints in a night I'm in misery for the next day or day and a half.

Exception was being at an all-inclusive in Mexico last week where it was 6-10 highballs + a beer or two + shots every day

Comment

asleep = urinating

Originally Posted by diddlybo

Just last week I went to the local GC with my 18 inch cock to buy several guitars and amps. On the way out I punched a hole clean thru the body of a MIM Tele, which caused the entire store to give me a standing ovation.

Originally Posted by ShaneV2

I play gay through the amp- it involves plugging into the amp's output jack. Sometimes you end up blowing a tranny though.

Comment

Probably.

That stuff does not appeal to me at all. I'm kind of a introvert/wall flower, and doing random meaningless social things does nothing for me.

Therein lies your mistake. You married her. It's no longer about you.

Comment

I drink regularly. Not every night of the week, though. When I stay in on a weeknight, I'll probably drink 1-3 beers. When I go out during week, about once to twice a week, I drink 2-4 beers. When I go out on weekend nights, which is very typical for me, I usually have about 4-5 pints or 4-6 bottles. Any more than that, I get sloppy drunk and have hangovers.

I typically stay away from liquor. I'll have a whiskey-on-the-rocks or a gin-and-tonic once in a blue moon, but I said fair-well to shots a long time ago.

I do think I drink more often than what I would consider normal, but I think I'm in the norm for amount.
                        Jet Setter

CURRENT RIG:
                        2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
                        2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (SD PG set)
                        Jet City JCA100H
                        Mojo 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks
                        lots 'o pedals

CURRENT BAND:
                        The Medicine Years
                        https://soundcloud.com/themedicineyears

Comment

Therein lies your mistake. You married her. It's no longer about you.

**************** that noise.

I compromise all of the time, I'm not a 100% ****************************..................I draw the line when necessary. I also know when I cross her line as well.

A lot of guys are ******************** whipped, and that's fine. I'm happy for them.........but that ain't me.

Comment

So you stay home and drink instead of going out and doing things with your wife?

You married here. Why get married if you have make friends later in life to do things you enjoy?

*not married but I don't plenty of things with my gf I wouldn't otherwise do*

Comment

I've been drinking much less lately.

For years I'd drink at least one 24oz beer EVERY day after work. Usually 2-4 of those when jamming with the band. Now I rarely do that.

I never drink liquor, I have a weak ass stomach when it comes to alcohol.
                              Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
                              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
                              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
                              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Why get married

This. Seems completely contrary to the OP's wants, so based on what he posted so far I have to conclude he received a massive head injury at some point. Mojo sent.
                                The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

Working...
                                X