Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: What you consider normal amounts of drinking and how much you actually drink?

I've been trying to evaluate how much I drink compared to others......

go.
    good deals with: nearly everyone.
    Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

I drink daily. Generally from the time I get off from work till I go to bed or maybe a little before I go to bed. On the weekends, I generally start drinking in the early afternoon and stop when I go to bed.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus
      View Post

I drink daily. Generally from the time I get off from work till I go to bed or maybe a little before I go to bed. On the weekends, I generally start drinking in the early afternoon and stop when I go to bed.

I figured out how to drink in my sleep.

now I gotta work out that pissing problem.
      (Personal footnote: I'm 56, and a lot of things don't work so great anymore. The wrist is one example. Another is my Johnson, which doesn't fire up like it used to. Sometimes it hardly works at all. A year ago it actually backfired. The guy at the outboard motor repair shop where I bring it says this is common with an old Johnson.)

Comment

I don't
        Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

Id imagine society views "normal" as 1-3 drinks with dinner or going out. And maybe once a week at that.

I personally drink a lot less now, maybe 1-3 beers once every week or two on a Friday or Saturday. I used to drink Friday/Saturday nights and have probably 6-8 beers.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scratchie
            View Post

I figured out how to drink in my sleep.

now I gotta work out that pissing problem.

I'm seeing a lot of tubes.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by JR13
              View Post

I don't

don't or can't?

Comment

I don't drink every night. If I do, it starts to bring me down. If I am drinking on a weeknight it's usually 2-3 beers. On the weekends if I'm getting drunk it's about 8-10 beers. Going past that amount gets me uber-drunk unless it's been spread out over a long time. It's usually 8-10 beers over about a 3 hour period. I usually probably drink 2 weeknights and one weekend night hard. Still all hard to gauge this though.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul
                  View Post

Id imagine society views "normal" as 1-3 drinks with dinner or going out. And maybe once a week at that.

I personally drink a lot less now, maybe 1-3 beers once every week or two on a Friday or Saturday. I used to drink Friday/Saturday nights and have probably 6-8 beers.

Definitely depends on the society. Southern Louisiana is pretty fond of drinking, and most people I know have at least one drink a day. Most of my friends have a few more than that every day.

Originally Posted by BrendanO

It's not prostitution as long as you film it.

Comment

I usually have 1-2 beers or 1-2 glasses of wine once or twice a week. I probably go out for 3-4 pints of beer once or twice a month. I don't think I drink much at all.
                    HOURS

Originally Posted by thegumbootman

I managed to not say the word "****************" until I was 18

In primary school when my friends discovered swearing, I thought "I've never said the f-word before. I'm never going to say it". I wanted to say it when I got older (mostly because my friends would nag me about saying it), but I just didn't want to end the streak of not-saying it

I ended up accidentally saying it to my girlfriend at the time. I said "Someone told me that Ben got with a really fat girl and he titty-****************ed her"

Comment

I think a glass or two of wine a night is normal. I drink a bottle or two of wine a night soooo roughly 4 times what I'd consider normal. My liver and I aren't on speaking terms.
                      Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

I'm a drag queen..not Jesus Christ

Originally Posted by LuckisforLosers

Don't sound like Korn.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Science!
                        View Post

don't or can't?

Both, legally I can't but that's never stopped anyone. I have a family history of alcoholism though so I've made the choice not to.
                        Originally Posted by OverDriven

That is probably the single most ****************ed up thing I've ever seen posted on HCAF. Congrats.

Good deals with: jnepo1

Comment

View Post

Sustainable life styles, how do they work?
                          The community here was awesome but the digs & spirit of the place has been in decline ever since it became a business venture rather than a simple collective and this latest gong show really brought the chickens home to roost.Necessity is the mother of invention, ergo: www.guitarampboard.com.So long and thanks for all the fish, love izzy.

Comment

I hit the bourbon most nights. When I get home from picking up my kids I'll make a bourbon and coke. Sip throughout the night. Not sure or care where that fits.

A couple times a month I'll have two bourbon and cokes.

I gave up beer for the time being. Bored with it.

Comment

View Post

Definitely depends on the society. Southern Louisiana is pretty fond of drinking, and most people I know have at least one drink a day. Most of my friends have a few more than that every day.

I came back in to say that. When I lived in AZ there was a lot more drinking. My brother knew a family who would have over there friends and everyone would bring there kids (3-8 years old). Then the parents would get absolutely plastered and stay til 3am

Here in Chicago it's a little different. But at 27 I still have a lot of friends that go hard every weekend. It's just not for me anymore.

A few years ago i'd consider myself an average weekend bar type. 8 beers or so was a pretty common # then

Comment

Working...
                              X