OT: Gun control...

KCTigerChief

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Switzerland has 45 guns per 100 people in their country, but their gun crime rate is a fraction of ours. It's a difference in culture. As Americans, our culture is rotten. Other countries have proven that gun ownership is not a precursor to gun crime. So why can't we figure out what others have?

• Members

Switzerland has 45 guns per 100 people in their country, but their gun crime rate is a fraction of ours. It's a difference in culture. As Americans, our culture is rotten. Other countries have proven that gun ownership is not a precursor to gun crime. So why can't we figure out what others have?

• Members

what? more people=more death?

the higher the population, the higher the chances of mental instability in teh populace.
most of those places got rid of guns before they were widely available as well. what are the numbers for knife related violence in those areas, or other weapons?

i bet the numbers start rising when you stop singling out one tool.

300 people were beaten to death with rocks last year, maybe we should ban those.

• Members

the higher the population, the higher the chances of mental instability in teh populace.
most of those places got rid of guns before they were widely available as well. what are the numbers for knife related violence in those areas, or other weapons?

300 people were beaten to death with rocks last year, maybe we should ban those.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Ratio of gun deaths/yr to population...

Finland: 17/5,262,930 = 3%
Australia: 35/21,727,158 = 2%
England & Wales: 39/52,575,054 = 7%
Spain: 60/47,042,984 = 1%
Germany: 194/81,305,856 = 2%
Canada: 200/34,300,083 = 6%
US: 9,484/313,847,465 = 3%

This crap does not belong in the school thread...
Interesting, any idea what Switzerlands is?

we don't have a gun control issue in america, we have a mental health issue.
True to a certain extent. I think a lot of people who have never lived in the US believe that you can buy a gun along with your Slurpee at 7-11 but we do have gun laws.

I think its really sad that people always blame the gun instead of the guy that pulled the trigger.

• Members

we don't have a gun control issue in america, we have a mental health issue.
True to a certain extent. I think a lot of people who have never lived in the US believe that you can buy a gun along with your Slurpee at 7-11 but we do have gun laws.

I think its really sad that people always blame the gun instead of the guy that pulled the trigger.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero View Post

Agreed...

Might as well blame the spoon for obsesity
Pencil for mispelled words
Car for drunk driving

The list goes on and on...Double standards, and such.

• Members

Agreed...

Might as well blame the spoon for obsesity
Pencil for mispelled words
Car for drunk driving

The list goes on and on...Double standards, and such.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo View Post

The majority of gun-related violence comes from people who aren't mentally incompetent. Most of them are crimes of passion, which are not legally defined as an insane action.

Look, I'm a gun owner (13 and counting) and an advocate of gun rights. I'm not implying that taking guns away is the answer. But I think that the bigger issue is our culture as a nation.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo View Post

The majority of gun-related violence comes from people who aren't mentally incompetent. Most of them are crimes of passion, which are not legally defined as an insane action.

Look, I'm a gun owner (13 and counting) and an advocate of gun rights. I'm not implying that taking guns away is the answer. But I think that the bigger issue is our culture as a nation.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179 View Post
Honestly i think its because Switzerland makes adults learn and train themselves with guns instead of it being some forbidden fruit that only really does fantasy sorts of damage in video games and movies.

Once you own and use a gun you become aware of just how dangerous the thing is and the gravity that comes with its use.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reverend179 View Post
Honestly i think its because Switzerland makes adults learn and train themselves with guns instead of it being some forbidden fruit that only really does fantasy sorts of damage in video games and movies.

Once you own and use a gun you become aware of just how dangerous the thing is and the gravity that comes with its use.

• Members

Nice one loads of young kids are killed an you start this thread.

I am so sad about what happened in your country. This thread is just {censored}ing stupid. You have mass shootings in what seems every month.
Badly timed and plain stupid thread.

• Members

Nice one loads of young kids are killed an you start this thread.

I am so sad about what happened in your country. This thread is just {censored}ing stupid. You have mass shootings in what seems every month.
Badly timed and plain stupid thread.

• Members

DING DING DING, we have a winner. My grandpa taught me just what a gun did before I ever touched one. He took me out back and shot one of our pigs (a sick and dying one, mind you) in the forehead with his shotgun. "That's what guns do." He told me. That lesson stuck with me pretty well.

• Members

DING DING DING, we have a winner. My grandpa taught me just what a gun did before I ever touched one. He took me out back and shot one of our pigs (a sick and dying one, mind you) in the forehead with his shotgun. "That's what guns do." He told me. That lesson stuck with me pretty well.

Archived