Stats updated by no.mop

Finland: 0.000323%

Australia: 0.000161%

England & Wales: 0.000074%

Spain: 0.000128%

Germany: 0.000239%

Canada: 0.000583%

US: 0.003022%

This crap does not belong in the school thread...
    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

we don't have a gun control issue in america, we have a mental health issue.

the issue is it gets swept under the rug until something happens, then the red herring get dragged out in front of it so it can get swept back under the rug.
    the world is one big fist fight.

Originally Posted by duncan

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

Originally Posted by Rear Naked

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

the issue is it gets swept under the rug until something happens, then the red herring get dragged out in front of it so it can get swept back under the rug.

I wonder what a persons life must be like if they're so easily affected by my posting on an Internet forum.

I saw 2 guys do it, and all they did was laugh really hard and say What The **************** a few times. No deaths or near-deaths occured.

Comment

Switzerland has 45 guns per 100 people in their country, but their gun crime rate is a fraction of ours. It's a difference in culture. As Americans, our culture is rotten. Other countries have proven that gun ownership is not a precursor to gun crime. So why can't we figure out what others have?
        1975 Gibson Grabber
        2002 G&L L-2000
        2001 SWR Mo'Bass
        Ampeg 610
        MXR M-80

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/72-Parasite.mp3

Comment

Switzerland has 45 guns per 100 people in their country, but their gun crime rate is a fraction of ours. It's a difference in culture. As Americans, our culture is rotten. Other countries have proven that gun ownership is not a precursor to gun crime. So why can't we figure out what others have?
          1975 Gibson Grabber
          2002 G&L L-2000
          2001 SWR Mo'Bass
          Ampeg 610
          MXR M-80

Comment

what? more people=more death?

the higher the population, the higher the chances of mental instability in teh populace.

most of those places got rid of guns before they were widely available as well. what are the numbers for knife related violence in those areas, or other weapons?

i bet the numbers start rising when you stop singling out one tool.

300 people were beaten to death with rocks last year, maybe we should ban those.

Comment

the higher the population, the higher the chances of mental instability in teh populace.

most of those places got rid of guns before they were widely available as well. what are the numbers for knife related violence in those areas, or other weapons?

300 people were beaten to death with rocks last year, maybe we should ban those.

Comment

Actually, their gun related deaths are right on par with ours...Not seeing where you're getting that it's a fraction of ours...

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
                Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Actually, their gun related deaths are right on par with ours...Not seeing where you're getting that it's a fraction of ours...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
                    View Post

Ratio of gun deaths/yr to population...

Finland: 17/5,262,930 = 3%

Australia: 35/21,727,158 = 2%

England & Wales: 39/52,575,054 = 7%

Spain: 60/47,042,984 = 1%

Germany: 194/81,305,856 = 2%

Canada: 200/34,300,083 = 6%

US: 9,484/313,847,465 = 3%

Interesting, any idea what Switzerlands is?

True to a certain extent. I think a lot of people who have never lived in the US believe that you can buy a gun along with your Slurpee at 7-11 but we do have gun laws.

I think its really sad that people always blame the gun instead of the guy that pulled the trigger.
                    www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                    here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
                      View Post

Ratio of gun deaths/yr to population...

Finland: 17/5,262,930 = 3%

Australia: 35/21,727,158 = 2%

England & Wales: 39/52,575,054 = 7%

Spain: 60/47,042,984 = 1%

Germany: 194/81,305,856 = 2%

Canada: 200/34,300,083 = 6%

US: 9,484/313,847,465 = 3%

True to a certain extent. I think a lot of people who have never lived in the US believe that you can buy a gun along with your Slurpee at 7-11 but we do have gun laws.

I think its really sad that people always blame the gun instead of the guy that pulled the trigger.
                      www.lastchanceisrock.com

Brand new cd ...And Then It Rains now available
                      here>>> http://cdbaby.com/cd/lastchance2

And also on iTunes and Napster

Rogue Analog Delay $25 shipped

Good traders: KLeeneX, Solcat, DARKMETL/,Procreatur,TheAmazingBlob,SnoMan97,Steve the Hero, NITROHOLIC, jrcorp,madryan,iblastoff,Doctor Morbius,teletaylor

Bad trader ontariomaximus(Randy Fay of Phaez Amps)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero
                        View Post

Agreed...

Might as well blame the spoon for obsesity

Pencil for mispelled words

Car for drunk driving

The list goes on and on...Double standards, and such.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by theAntihero
                          View Post

Agreed...

Might as well blame the spoon for obsesity

Pencil for mispelled words

Car for drunk driving

The list goes on and on...Double standards, and such.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
                            View Post

The majority of gun-related violence comes from people who aren't mentally incompetent. Most of them are crimes of passion, which are not legally defined as an insane action.

Look, I'm a gun owner (13 and counting) and an advocate of gun rights. I'm not implying that taking guns away is the answer. But I think that the bigger issue is our culture as a nation.
                            1975 Gibson Grabber
                            2002 G&L L-2000
                            2001 SWR Mo'Bass
                            Ampeg 610
                            MXR M-80

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo
                              View Post

The majority of gun-related violence comes from people who aren't mentally incompetent. Most of them are crimes of passion, which are not legally defined as an insane action.

Look, I'm a gun owner (13 and counting) and an advocate of gun rights. I'm not implying that taking guns away is the answer. But I think that the bigger issue is our culture as a nation.
                              1975 Gibson Grabber
                              2002 G&L L-2000
                              2001 SWR Mo'Bass
                              Ampeg 610
                              MXR M-80

Comment

Working...
                              X