Looking at Gibson R8's

jlb32

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

$2500 and up but closer to $3k recently...

I'll pass if I can't find a used one for cheaper than that price range. With the way the selling market is now I figured they were going cheaper than that. I know 6 months or so ago you could find them for around $2000 fairly often.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

I'll pass if I can't find a used one for cheaper than that price range. With the way the selling market is now I figured they were going cheaper than that. I know 6 months or so ago you could find them for around $2000 fairly often.

gibson have kept their prices up in the used market. PRS used is a great deal but gibbys don't seem to lose much value.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LIBBY!

View Post

Plaintops might be found for $2250, anything with flame will cost you $2800 at least.

Why R8? I gigged one for a bit, neck is really thick on those, too big for me. R7s are the same axe, cheaper though.

I actually love the necks on the R8's. Not really interested in another flame top guitar. I prefer the plain tops on Gibson Les Pauls.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

I actually love the necks on the R8's. Not really interested in another flame top guitar. I prefer the plain tops on Gibson Les Pauls.

I loved it too, but it got to be too much on long gigs. Killed me to sell it, I spent a lot of time getting it sounding good, it was beauty too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

Yeah, I saw that one. It does look good and actually the color I love but no pickguard, unknown pickups, USA case over Historic case, no COA. Those things are minor to me personally but they do make a resell value difference IMO if I ever looked to sell down the road.

Archived