Anyone know anything about RC cars?

Gary Cohn

• Members

I've got RC airplanes and enjoy them, but they're weather dependent. When it's raining or windy I'd still like to go out and mess around.

I had a RC car when I was a kid and am looking to get one again.

I used to have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler and enjoyed it a lot. Now, I'm looking at one again. But I also like the Traxxas Nitro Slash.

Anyone know the deal between a nitro rustler and a nitro slash?

• Members

Dig a hole in the ground and throw your money in. You'll get the same results in the end.

Lol

i lost thousands doing rc cars......twice. i didn't learn the first time.

After that it was bikes.

Then volkswagens.

Then guitars.

Yep, i still haven't learned.....

• Members

I was into RC cars around 5 years ago. A lot of fun, but hated the fact that battery powered ones had a VERY short run time and gas powered ones were loud as hell and required a good amount of maintenance.

Not sure if they have improved a great deal since then.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Electric is wussy frown.gif

I think I'll say hell to both the slash and rustler and get a slayer 4x4 stadium truck.

most people are converting there nitro cars over. the brushless motors are just as fast and obviously way more reliable.

• Members

I think the rustler is better for off road bashing and the slash for sanctioned racing. I have as Stampede and it kicks ass. The brushless electric with lipo batteries are incredible. I wouldn't bother messing with nitro. You can learn all you need to know on the Traxxas forums.

• Members

I had the Jato 3.3 and made it a street truck with damn near every mod you could do to it. It was rediculously fast and at top speed, would flip because too much air getting under the front. Was able to remedy thru suspension mods. It was easily close to 100 mph truck, if not even slightly faster on a perfect weather day and was only used in stadium parking lots.

Archived