New Amp Search - Shimmering clean to high gain heaven

Guitarman686

• Members

In the market for a new head. Looking for shimmering clean to high gain heaven. Does this exist where you could get a fender clean and then enough gain to play death metal? My playing has become all over the place. I love a nice clean tone for jazz and funk. Then I want to roll up some gain and be able to hit Hard rock tones, Lynch Mob, Dokken. After a while, I just want to go balls to the wall and get low and sluggy in C#. Where do I need to go with this?
Currently rocking on a Peavey 6505+ also have the triple xxx. I played the ENGL Powerball 2. It was great for the newer metal but I dont know about the classic sound. Ive played dual rec's and they dont get the juices flowing. Played the splawn nitro and it sounded so dry. Im down with tube heads 2 or 3 channels. Where do I go now boys? Marshall JCM 800 or 900 or JVM? Should I just keep the peavey and mod it? I need something that is decent at low volume as well. I end up playing my old marshall valvestate combo more often.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man ive been hearing good things about the Laney but I cant get my hands on one to play it. Im in NYC but no one has any. I had a teacher many years ago and he had a laney combo. Thing was pretty nice. I played the ENGL Powerball 2, they didnt have any Blackmore's there. Can the blackmore nail some death metal tones. I can boost with a TS808HW or even a Blues driver.

• Members

Man ive been hearing good things about the Laney but I cant get my hands on one to play it. Im in NYC but no one has any. I had a teacher many years ago and he had a laney combo. Thing was pretty nice. I played the ENGL Powerball 2, they didnt have any Blackmore's there. Can the blackmore nail some death metal tones. I can boost with a TS808HW or even a Blues driver.

Archived