some douch counterfeited my credit/debit card and went on a shopping spree

hcprimerib

• Members

My bank's fraud dept calls me at 8am saying there is all kinds of suspicious activity on my card so they cancelled it. Apparently someone has counterfeited my card and went on a shopping spree along the ohio and indiana turnpike.

Now I have to go through the long and drawn out process of disputing all the charges they incurred. The best part is that it's my debit checking account card so I'm out all that money just in time for xmas.

People suck. These are the kinds of people that need to get publicly shot. I'm just saying.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3

View Post

Same thing last year for me. Dude went and bought tons of gift cards in the Cincinnati area. Was also a debit card. The bank temporarily gave me my money back until they resolved the case. Hopefully yours will do the same for you.

Gift cards.... never thought of that. Smart idea. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hcprimerib

View Post

My bank's fraud dept calls me at 8am saying there is all kinds of suspicious activity on my card so they cancelled it. Apparently someone has counterfeited my card and went on a shopping spree along the ohio and indiana turnpike.

Now I have to go through the long and drawn out process of disputing all the charges they incurred. The best part is that it's my debit checking account card so I'm out all that money just in time for xmas.

People suck. These are the kinds of people that need to get publicly shot. I'm just saying.

Oh no, we cant do that!!!! what if these are just a couple of dumb kids who will learn from their stupid mistakes????? son of a bitch

• Members

Happened to me last month, one day after payday. Caught it the next morning when I checked my account online. Thief had purchased a bunch of electronics and supro shoes. Luckily, the bank was able to cancel all but one of the transactions since they hadn't been fully processed and shipped by the companies.

• Members

this has happened to me twice in the past week. 2 different cards. One of the cards I never even use, I just carry the balance and try to pay it down. It also happened 3 months ago to my bank card. {censored} is getting crazy. They need to require photo id for any purchase over 50$.

• Members

this has happened to me twice in the past week. 2 different cards. One of the cards I never even use, I just carry the balance and try to pay it down. It also happened 3 months ago to my bank card. {censored} is getting crazy. They need to require photo id for any purchase over 50$.

• Members

Sorry to hear. Really couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm lucky enough to not have this happen to me except when it's me who does the charges. Kinda like my bank in that aspect. They are the perfect level of cautious. Hope it gets resolved soon for you

• Members

This happened to me last year right around thanksgiving, and then this year right after thanksgiving. Luckily Chase was all over it. Also, mine were/are credit cards so the bank is willing to fight really hard because it's their money.

• Members

That sux! Happened to me on my debit card 2 years ago, got me for like $3k! I got paid on Friday, check my balance on Monday & was in the hole $500! I just had to scoot to my local branch and do the fraud affidavit to get my $ back, took like 3 days.

My AT&T universal card got hit for a few grand too. Had to do the same thing, but via mail and notary as there aren't any AT&T universal card places to go to.

Sucks man, right at the holiday too!

Derek

Archived