Collapse
No announcement yet.

some douch counterfeited my credit/debit card and went on a shopping spree

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened to me last month, one day after payday. Caught it the next morning when I checked my account online. Thief had purchased a bunch of electronics and supro shoes. Luckily, the bank was able to cancel all but one of the transactions since they hadn't been fully processed and shipped by the companies.

Comment

this has happened to me twice in the past week. 2 different cards. One of the cards I never even use, I just carry the balance and try to pay it down. It also happened 3 months ago to my bank card. **************** is getting crazy. They need to require photo id for any purchase over 50$.

Comment

this has happened to me twice in the past week. 2 different cards. One of the cards I never even use, I just carry the balance and try to pay it down. It also happened 3 months ago to my bank card. **************** is getting crazy. They need to require photo id for any purchase over 50$.

Comment

Mojo to the op

Comment

Im fine Ron, Im fine, it wasnt pointed at you directly, it was pointed at the sentiment. Im not butthurt in the least.
            Fiddles: Gibson Les Paul Classic
            Warmoth homebuilt Strat
            Xaviere XV-550

Amps: Splawn Quick Rod and matching 2x12
            Laney VC-30112

good dealings with/trade references: MRAAJR, SMASHINGTIME, STRATOSLACKER, MASTERBURRFOOT, BLUPLIRST

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pepi
              View Post

This is looking like a daily trend ****************TARDS

We need ideas to keep this from happening to others

Watch the Real Hustle from youtube. They show how the most common credit card scams are done.
              | Destination : Destruction | Kalmanväki | Luujauho | Clips | Youtube | Gear |

Comment

that's lame man

honestly that's why i use my CC for pretty much everything except drive-thru meals nowadays, so if there is fraudulent activity my CC company will take care of it and i'm not out any actual cash.
                #NoLimitCornballBrother

BRO CLUB: RSBro

Originally Posted by Phrophus

Look man, if RSBro is telling you not to give in to the pimp side and keep it rational, I'd listen.

Originally Posted by Holy War

I thought you were black for some reason...

Originally Posted by Murdoch

Not to be a dick, but you're a pretentious douche, and a closet Periphery fan.

Originally Posted by jnurp

im in nyc, you are in texas, will a long distance relationship work?

Comment

Sorry to hear. Really couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm lucky enough to not have this happen to me except when it's me who does the charges. Kinda like my bank in that aspect. They are the perfect level of cautious. Hope it gets resolved soon for you
                  Originally Posted by Rampage

You have repressed sexual feelings for your father.

SPAM:PM ME
                  SD Hot Rail LINK
                  Dimarzio Tone Zone-Black F Spaced
                  Dimarzio Air Norton-Black F Spaced

Comment

This happened to me last year right around thanksgiving, and then this year right after thanksgiving. Luckily Chase was all over it. Also, mine were/are credit cards so the bank is willing to fight really hard because it's their money.

Comment

That sux! Happened to me on my debit card 2 years ago, got me for like $3k! I got paid on Friday, check my balance on Monday & was in the hole $500! I just had to scoot to my local branch and do the fraud affidavit to get my $ back, took like 3 days.

My AT&T universal card got hit for a few grand too. Had to do the same thing, but via mail and notary as there aren't any AT&T universal card places to go to.

Sucks man, right at the holiday too!

Derek

Comment

Too bad we dont do theieves here, like they do in the middle east. I'm all about cutting a thieve's hand off

I'd be down with stoning, as well.
                        Good Deals With : Facing Failure . goodhonk . benjamin801. sublimeride. River Bend. Flying Milkman. Crunchtime. MickTaylorFan. ~Abstract~

Comment

happened to me, and the bank said it was a physical swipe, in northern VA, but im in TX. means someone actually cloned the magstrip.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

wasnt out much and it was handled politely and quick. hope the same. mojo.
                          great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                          SG ARMY

Comment

Change your bank. I'm with Bank of America and if anyone uses my debit card fraudulently they will immediately replace the funds in the account. I've had it happen and the money was back in my account within 5 minutes of calling. If your bank is making this a long, drawn out process then they suck.
                            Main Rig:
                            LTD EC1000
                            Peavey 6505+
                            Mesa/Boogie Recto 2x12 with V30's
                            TC Nova System

FOR SALE:
                            Spools of Canare GS-6 - The most transparent cable I've come across. Click for details.
                            M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound Card

Good transactions with Digital Jams, Dimebag11, Greazygeo, ENdtime, Fagmotron 3000, thenakedarab, TheAmazingBlob, ZOMBIELAND, mike59271, LoopQuantum.

Comment

I've had a CC company call up to check on whether or not a charge was dodgy. Was actually just me buying something online or something. A bit irritated at first, until I realised I'd be ****************ing chuffed if they were on it that quickly with an actual dodgy transaction. Fortunately that hasn't happened to me yet.
                              Originally Posted by Norton666 (15/07/2009)

Give it 6 months and the Axe-Fx will be mentioned in the same sentence as the Johnson Millenium stuff.

Comment

Some Nigerian guy hacked my PC. Found out last night from Yahoo tec guy. I had to use my deit card to pay the $199 to get it fixed, so I went to the bank to end that card. The bank saw no use, so the guys missed out. He had access to my PC before they fixed it and I have to give the my card # to fix it

Comment

Working...
                                X