the GC used site is BY FAR the best place to buy used gear these days

guitarbilly74

• Members

seriously, they have a huge selection of {censored}- much better than eBay - and great prices.
Also, their shipping charges are awesome. I just bought the VH100R from them and they only charged me $13 for shipping AND shipped next day air!!! Amp was shipped yesterday and it will get here today before 10:30AM love.giflove.giflove.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
No kidding, plus 30 day return period in case it sucks.

I bought 2 amps earlier this year and they both crapped out. I didn't even have to {censored} with em.
AND you can return to your local store even if you bought it online!!! No need to ship it back.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
seriously, they have a huge selection of {censored}- much better than eBay - and great prices.
Also, their shipping charges are awesome. I just bought the VH100R from them and they only charged me $13 for shipping AND shipped next day air!!! Amp was shipped yesterday and it will get here today before 10:30AM love.giflove.giflove.gif
Bastard! I paid more than $13 for shipping....

What cab are you running it through? I have a Marshall with 75s and a crusty Behringer with Jensens. If I recall, the Laney cabs have vintage30s? I am excited for my arrival as well m/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by this is paul

View Post

Remember when you used to have to go to GC in hopes of finding that elusive deal? Now you can just look online and find it thumb.gif

Right on, brother. I always find deals there that are too good to pass up, it's why I have way more gear than I could ever need.

• Members

Nice, thanks!
Is anyone seeing a way to look at specific store inventories?
But I guess if shipping is indeed cheap, no matter. love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gtrplyr60 View Post
Nice, thanks!
Is anyone seeing a way to look at specific store inventories?
But I guess if shipping is indeed cheap, no matter. love.gif
Go to used.guitarcenter.com to see specific store inventory. If you find something you want that isn't local...copy down the part number and paste it into the actual GC.com site to purchase

• Members

definitely. i'm always looking for deals, and when you email with a (usually lower) offer i always get responses from the individual stores pretty promptly whether it's yay or nay.
great move on GC's part to move stuff come in and trade with.

• Members

I don't understand how you got a VH100r shipped for $13 though confused.gif

The rather high shipping prices are about the only negative thing I have to say about used.gc

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro View Post
definitely. i'm always looking for deals, and when you email with a (usually lower) offer i always get responses from the individual stores pretty promptly whether it's yay or nay.
great move on GC's part to move stuff come in and trade with.

My advice is to NEVER use the "email store" option. Half the time they will just completely ignore you. If you find something you want, dont {censored} around, call!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact View Post

The rather high shipping prices are about the only negative thing I have to say about used.gc

My advice is to NEVER use the "email store" option. Half the time they will just completely ignore you. If you find something you want, dont {censored} around, call!
Well, you and I kinda live in BFE compared to where most of the stores are located, so maybe that has something to do with it. I think I had to pay like 70 bucks to ship my VHT, but I did expedite it. Maybe 2 day or something. I don't remember. $13 for shipping next day air is kinda crazy.

• Members

idn_smilie.gif I added the amp to my shopping cart, went to check out and that's what the charges were. I didn't do anything special. When I called the actual store to confirm everything was ok they also told me they were going to ship next day air and they did.

• Members
AND you can return to your local store even if you bought it online!!! No need to ship it back.
Whoa, I didn't even know that part! Even better!

Also... $923 Silver Jubilee half stack. Pure win. Thanks Guitar Center and crackhead who sold it for peanuts.

• Members

A GC drone once told me on the phone, after I reacted favorably to their shipping cost for an amp, that they get huge rate breaks from UPS because of some partnership/agreement they have. That's how they shipped me a 4x12 cab for $30. Ridiculous.

• Members

i've emailed on at least 3 basses in the last few months, and got a reply within hours from all 3 different locations...? idn_smilie.gifidn_smilie.gif

Archived