Any smart guys here?

Hessian3

• Members

I have been trying to come up with some business ideas. My main problem is I am not really passionate about anything except working for myself.

I'm looking for ideas that require more of my time than my money???

I just don't think I can work for someone else my entire life.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't totally disagree with you. I can't come up with ideas because like I said I've never really been passionate about anything. But I don't think that has to mean I can't make something work. I just need ideas that take more time than money as I have a lot of time I really don't use.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I wasn't kidding either. It's a harsh reality for you. Your lack of motivation will leave you lucky to even have a job beyond delivering pizza or whatever loser job you have now.

LOL. I never said I didn't have any motivation. And I am far from a pizza guy. Not that there is anything wrong that. People gotta eat.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

Clearly the OP has a future in motivational speaking. redface.gif

I don't see how not being passionate about any one thing means I don't have any motivation. I work hard every day. My point was you guys for example have music so If you were to start something you might look to music first. I don't have that one thing that I would be attached to.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

If you've never been passionate about anything, how the hell did you get the idea to be an entrepreneur? Isn't passion one of the main drives behind starting your own business?

What I meant was I'm not attached to anything. I don't have to start a business in a certain field. I'm passionate about making something for myself.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
You can't even come up with an idea so you will fail. People like me will be your boss so how about instead you learn some respect along with your place.
icon_lol.gif

OP - keep working until you figure out what you're passionate about. How old are you?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
icon_lol.gif

OP - keep working until you figure out what you're passionate about. How old are you?
32. I would never quit my job to start something. I've worked too hard to get where I am. I'm looking for something to fill the rest of my time.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3 View Post
I have been trying to come up with some business ideas. My main problem is I am not really passionate about anything except working for myself.

I'm looking for ideas that require more of my time than my money???

I just don't think I can work for someone else my entire life.
Not wanting to work for others as an employee was the thought that propelled me into going into business. I had a drywall hanger/finisher, carpenter and painter experience, so I first started a drywall company and after the first few years I had business with some of the biggest home builders i Northern Virginia.

I predicted the slow down that was coming so I started a remodeling company, that I still own. I am too sick and have been to sick for over three years,
so I am now trying to sell my business.

In short my advice is simple if you hate being an employee find something like a skill or a trade that you already mastered and go into business for yourself.
Be careful there are a lot of scams aimed at people just like you, you want income and ownership and they promise to give you the tools to do this. Whatever you, I wish you the best.

Bob

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post
Not wanting to work for others as an employee was the thought that propelled me into going into business. I had a drywall hanger/finisher, carpenter and painter experience, so I first started a drywall company and after the first few years I had business with some of the biggest home builders i Northern Virginia.

I predicted the slow down that was coming so I started a remodeling company, that I still own. I am too sick and have been to sick for over three years,

In short my advice is simple if you hate being an employee find something like a skill or a trade that you already mastered and go into business for yourself.
Be careful there are a lot of scams aimed at people just like you, you want income and ownership and they promise to give you the tools to do this. Whatever you, I wish you the best.

Bob
Thanks for the advice. And best wishes to you.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by gdwill2u View Post

Bob
Thanks for the advice. And best wishes to you.

• Members

The skills that I have required doesn't really relate to my own business. At least it's not something I would want to do for a long time. What I do is actually a lot safer to do with a company than on my own. But like I said it isn't something I'd want to do forever.

• Members

if i were smart i'd have more shiz to do IRL and wouldn't spend the entire business day logged on here...... wink.gif

i hate a love/hate relationship with what i do, and even if i did it for myself it'd be the same. i don't have the desire to spend 16 hours a day at the office, even during "slow/off seasons".
such is life.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian3

View Post

I don't totally disagree with you. I can't come up with ideas because like I said I've never really been passionate about anything. But I don't think that has to mean I can't make something work. I just need ideas that take more time than money as I have a lot of time I really don't use.

Gun sales but right now while you still can before the commies shut you down...icon_lol.gif

Archived