so I got the VH100R but

guitarbilly74

• Members

.. there are some problems... first off the reverb doesn't work, I checked the wires, changed all pre amp tubes, nothing. I still don't have the footswitch, does this amp needs the footswitch to be plugged in for the reverb to work?

I also think there is an issue with the drive channel volume, the clean channel is much louder.

Man I really want this to work, the amp does sound awesome, with these 2 issues aside. cry.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
.. there are some problems... first off the reverb doesn't work, I checked the wires, changed all pre amp tubes, nothing. I still don't have the footswitch, does this amp needs the footswitch to be plugged in for the reverb to work?

I also think there is an issue with the drive channel volume, the clean channel is much louder.

Man I really want this to work, the amp does sound awesome, with these 2 issues aside. cry.gif
Man that's a bummer dude! I hope you get it worked out!

Do you have a footswitch on the way?

• Members

Check the reverb level is turned up on the front panel.
The clean channel is quite a bit louder , though it depends on how u set your gain level on the drive channel.
R u talking clean with drive enabled or the dirt chanel with drive engaged ..etc etc.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief View Post
Man that's a bummer dude! I hope you get it worked out!

Do you have a footswitch on the way?
yeah but I would like to hear from a VH100R user if the reverb is supposed to work without it

Quote Originally Posted by lenster View Post
Check the reverb level is turned up on the front panel.
The clean channel is quite a bit louder , though it depends on how u set your gain level on the drive channel.
R u talking clean with drive enabled or the dirt chanel with drive engaged ..etc etc.
of course the level is turned up on the front panel ....

• Members

This was a pretty common complaint I got from people who bought VH100R's from me. To be fair , I only sold maybe 6 or 8 total , but it seemed like that was just the way this amp was made.

• Members

Just checking , sometimes u can overlook the little things!
Not sure if the footswitch is needed as i always had it plugged in .
Used it also with the gsp + GC2 floorboard and just used the level contol on the front pannel, so my guess is
probably doesn't matter if footswitch is used or not.

• Members

ok so I am not concerned about the volume thing anymore.. the volume is definitely there it's just a more gradual taper than the GH, which goes into "holy shit" territory real quick.. this amp actually has a nice taper and really gets loud with the volume around noon. No problem.

I need to figure out the reverb issue though cry.gif

• Members
ok so I am not concerned about the volume thing anymore.. the volume is definitely there it's just a more gradual taper than the GH, which goes into "holy shit" territory real quick.. this amp actually has a nice taper and really gets loud with the volume around noon. No problem.

I need to figure out the reverb issue though cry.gif
How's the clean channel and its boost? Is it really good? Also, have you had enough time to hear how different the GH/VH gain is?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R

View Post

How's the clean channel and its boost? Is it really good? Also, have you had enough time to hear how different the GH/VH gain is?

The clean channel is awesome.. I havent tried the boost yet. The gain is tighter and more modern than the GH, not bad at all, but definitely a different flavor, more like a cross between the GH and a 5150...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

The clean channel is awesome.. I havent tried the boost yet. The gain is tighter and more modern than the GH, not bad at all, but definitely a different flavor, more like a cross between the GH and a 5150...

smile.gif Good, this justifies me keeping the GH50L. Logic dictates that I need both gain tones at my disposal icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

As a lover of the GH tone AND a 5150 fan, this is making my anticipation even worse. Does it have ELs in it?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Norton666

View Post

This was a pretty common complaint I got from people who bought VH100R's from me. To be fair , I only sold maybe 6 or 8 total , but it seemed like that was just the way this amp was made.

That's pretty shitty... would be quite an easy work around during the design phase. There is no excuse for that kind of issue from any manufacturer. Either tune each channel to be pretty close, or make them adjustable.

Archived