X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I got the VH100R but

.. there are some problems... first off the reverb doesn't work, I checked the wires, changed all pre amp tubes, nothing. I still don't have the footswitch, does this amp needs the footswitch to be plugged in for the reverb to work?

I also think there is an issue with the drive channel volume, the clean channel is much louder.

Man I really want this to work, the amp does sound awesome, with these 2 issues aside.
    http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74
    View Post

.. there are some problems... first off the reverb doesn't work, I checked the wires, changed all pre amp tubes, nothing. I still don't have the footswitch, does this amp needs the footswitch to be plugged in for the reverb to work?

I also think there is an issue with the drive channel volume, the clean channel is much louder.

Man I really want this to work, the amp does sound awesome, with these 2 issues aside.

Man that's a bummer dude! I hope you get it worked out!

Do you have a footswitch on the way?
    My project: http://www.myspace.com/humanconspiracymusic

Bogner Ecstasy 101b :: Blackstar HT5-H :: Trinity Triwatt DR103 clone (Click to view build thread)
    Bogner 4x12 :: Genz Benz 2x12 :: Homebuilt 2x12 loaded with (2) Weber FC12's for the Triwatt

Great Transactions: Skaaks, Skunx, CARRguitar, Zacman0126, theweight, heatfromcold, Ricky Bobby

Comment

Wasn't this a new amp?
      "Follow your instinct.... It usually takes you home."

Heads:
      Egnater Armageddon
      VHT Deliverance
      Titan Custom 100
      Baron MII 100
      Marshall JCM 800 2203KK
      VHT 100 CL
      Splawn Nitro
      Peavey 6505 & FJA 6505 & 5150 II
      Krank Krankenstein +
      Bogner Uberschall Rev Blue
      Rivera K-Tre'
      Framus Cobra & Dragon
      Ampeg VH-140c
      Engl Savage 120 & Powerball
      Mesa Dual Rectifier
      ESP Guitars

HC References
      http://acapella.harmony-central.com/....php?t=2242115

Comment

Check the reverb level is turned up on the front panel.

The clean channel is quite a bit louder , though it depends on how u set your gain level on the drive channel.

R u talking clean with drive enabled or the dirt chanel with drive engaged ..etc etc.
        ---------------------------------------------------

Fender Deluxe Strat
        Fender Telecaster
        Gibson LP Goldtop P90
        Schecter Tempest Custom
        Morley Tremonti Wah
        TC Polytune
        Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2
        Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36 / G Flex 212

MUSIC: The last thing to leave your soul before you die

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by KCTigerChief
          View Post

Man that's a bummer dude! I hope you get it worked out!

Do you have a footswitch on the way?

yeah but I would like to hear from a VH100R user if the reverb is supposed to work without it

Quote Originally Posted by lenster
          View Post

Check the reverb level is turned up on the front panel.

The clean channel is quite a bit louder , though it depends on how u set your gain level on the drive channel.

R u talking clean with drive enabled or the dirt chanel with drive engaged ..etc etc.

of course the level is turned up on the front panel ....
          http://www.guitarampboard.comLike my band on FB: http://www.facebook.com/thefew1All prices include shipping to ConUS.

Comment

View Post

This was a pretty common complaint I got from people who bought VH100R's from me. To be fair , I only sold maybe 6 or 8 total , but it seemed like that was just the way this amp was made.
            ----------------------------------------
            1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom- Wine Red
            1971 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
            1995 Gibson Les Paul Classic
            2010 Fender American Tele
            2011 Fender Am. Std Strat
            1984 Marshall JCM 800 2203
            1974 Marshall JMP Superlead
            Orange Rockerverb 100 MK II
            Peavey JSX
            Peavey XXX
            Line 6 Spider IV 75 (2) for the cover band
            Orange cabs
            Beer & Whiskey

Comment

I've not fiddled on one in a while but I believe the reverb should work without the switch being connected. I'll go and look through the schematic for you....
              DCC Engineering. Custom Cabs and Effects.

Originally Posted by -Assy-

Okay I summed up this entire thread in three posts. Let's go home and beat our children.

Comment

I for you Billy!!! It's really gotta sting for the amp to not arrive tip-top. And WTF? Where's that footswitch it was supposed to have?

Either way, I'm glad to hear it sounds really good still. It will all get figured/sorted out.
                Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

Just checking , sometimes u can overlook the little things!

Not sure if the footswitch is needed as i always had it plugged in .

Used it also with the gsp + GC2 floorboard and just used the level contol on the front pannel, so my guess is

probably doesn't matter if footswitch is used or not.

Fender Deluxe Strat
                  Fender Telecaster
                  Gibson LP Goldtop P90
                  Schecter Tempest Custom
                  Morley Tremonti Wah
                  TC Polytune
                  Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2

Comment

ok so I am not concerned about the volume thing anymore.. the volume is definitely there it's just a more gradual taper than the GH, which goes into "holy ****************" territory real quick.. this amp actually has a nice taper and really gets loud with the volume around noon. No problem.

I need to figure out the reverb issue though

Comment

View Post

ok so I am not concerned about the volume thing anymore.. the volume is definitely there it's just a more gradual taper than the GH, which goes into "holy ****************" territory real quick.. this amp actually has a nice taper and really gets loud with the volume around noon. No problem.

I need to figure out the reverb issue though

How's the clean channel and its boost? Is it really good? Also, have you had enough time to hear how different the GH/VH gain is?
                      Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
                      Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Comment

I hardly ever played withe the drive volume above 2 and the clean rarely got above 1...

... they are loud ****************ers.

Fender Deluxe Strat
                        Fender Telecaster
                        Gibson LP Goldtop P90
                        Schecter Tempest Custom
                        Morley Tremonti Wah
                        TC Polytune
                        Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike LX-R
                          View Post

How's the clean channel and its boost? Is it really good? Also, have you had enough time to hear how different the GH/VH gain is?

The clean channel is awesome.. I havent tried the boost yet. The gain is tighter and more modern than the GH, not bad at all, but definitely a different flavor, more like a cross between the GH and a 5150...

Comment

I used the boosted clean as a seperate drive channel.

But it covers a lot of ground.

The amp itself can cover alot of styles thats for sure.

Fender Deluxe Strat
                            Fender Telecaster
                            Gibson LP Goldtop P90
                            Schecter Tempest Custom
                            Morley Tremonti Wah
                            TC Polytune
                            Digitech GSP 1101 + GC2

Comment

View Post

The clean channel is awesome.. I havent tried the boost yet. The gain is tighter and more modern than the GH, not bad at all, but definitely a different flavor, more like a cross between the GH and a 5150...

Good, this justifies me keeping the GH50L. Logic dictates that I need both gain tones at my disposal

Comment

Working...
                              X