How the heck does this Stupid Deal of the Day thing work?

nightflameauto

• Members

Item says in-stock, you order, get a notice it won't ship for three plus weeks. ph33r.

Why would they discount something that's not in stock, mark it as in stock, then back-end notify you it's not in stock by saying it'll ship three weeks later after the order?

I haven't bought anything of signifigance from MF since 2007 because of shit like this. (Wow, just realized how long it's been.) I'm assuming this won't ever show up and I'll get stuck fighting them for weeks over credit card charges that just hang out there indefinitely now.

facepalm.gif slfpwnt.

(Yeah, I know, it's nothing special today but I needed some instrument/mic to line level converters, and according to reviews these actuall work really well for that and they're cheap.)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO View Post
As long as they charge you the SDOTD price, I wouldn't really care. But I am a very patient person.
Oh, I'm usually patient to a point. My problem lies with these types of deals where they charge you, literally end life cycle on the item after charging you, and never reverse the charges or contact you to tell you what's going on with it.

As long as it actually ships at any point over the next month or two, I really won't be THAT upset. I just think it's a bit dickish to still have it listed as in-stock on the order page and not inform of the backorder until the order goes through.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto View Post
Item says in-stock, you order, get a notice it won't ship for three plus weeks. ph33r.

Why would they discount something that's not in stock, mark it as in stock, then back-end notify you it's not in stock by saying it'll ship three weeks later after the order?
LOL, cant imagine why they would do something like that!!!!!! smile.gif pffffffftttttt

• Members

That's why I don't deal with MF. Had problems 6 or 7 years ago on some items. Ordered two speaker cabs and the screw were broke that held the speakers to the baffle. Took almost two weeks to get the {censored} resolved. Never again. Sweetwater and AMS since then.

Archived