Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSD4 question...

So, I keep seeing some of you guys post about how you got SSD4 upgrade for like 20 bucks...Whats the story here? Ive got SSD3, but apparently its pretty outdated and the updates to 4 were pretty good....I wanna upgrade for 20 bucks
    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

I get my tubes from ValveQueen...you should too!!

Good Transactions

duet.
    Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
    Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

I cant figure out where to get the upgrade for 20 bucks...
      Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf
        View Post

I cant figure out where to get the upgrade for 20 bucks...

if you email them telling them you want to upgrade and asking if they are having any specials they're likely to make it happen for you. they're pretty cool with these things.
        Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
        Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Comment

Every few months there are sales at places like audio midi, or black friday, cyber monday, new years etc etc and you can get the slimmed down ex version for $20. I recall also getting the full blown version upgrade for about $100.

EX is now on sale for $50:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/D...en+slate+drums

Buuuut, if I were you, tell them you have version 3 and ask is the a juicy deal to upgrade to 4 platinum and they may give you a coupon. I know they honored a coupon I had which was out of date by months so you never know.
          Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

Every few months there are sales at places like audio midi, or black friday, cyber monday, new years etc etc and you can get the slimmed down ex version for $20. I recall also getting the full blown version upgrade for about $100.

EX is now on sale for $50:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/D...en+slate+drums

Buuuut, if I were you, tell them you have version 3 and ask is the a juicy deal to upgrade to 4 platinum and they may give you a coupon. I know they honored a coupon I had which was out of date by months so you never know.
            Check out my band "Tock" Debut album coming out soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoQgpMooyY

Comment

I still need to troubleshoot my SSD4 - I used it like twice before and now I can't get it to play audio for the life of me. I dunno wtf
              Originally Posted by Rampage

**************** cleans, play distortion?

Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

The scratchy high-end sounds like a wreck in Excitebike

Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

I had a nightmare experience like yours, Nerine, when I was in my late 20's/early 30's and was doing the tag-team thing with my buddy over the toilet. Now that was something----

Guitars:
              Fender-Hamer-Michael Kelly-Starfield-Ibanez

Amps/Cabs
              Drive-Eminence-Electro Harmonix-Fender-Jet City-Kustom-VHT-Yamaha

FX
              ISP-Keeley-Pigtronix

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact
                View Post

I still need to troubleshoot my SSD4 - I used it like twice before and now I can't get it to play audio for the life of me. I dunno wtf

I think it's most likely your DAW.

Comment

Email sent. Id probably be cool with the custom version, though the EX would be cool...
                  Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

No deals...they just recommended getting the custom edition lol. I cant justify buying the EX for 50 bucks right now because wifey needs a few things more than I need a new drum program
                    Peavey ESP DiMarzio

Good Transactions

Comment

There are basically 3 versions.... Essentials, EX, and Platinum. Essentials is the one you can get for $20 on sale. It is like 1 kit with 10 presets or something. That is what I got, and it is good enough for me. Load up the metal preset and just jam. No messing with parameters and ****************. EX is like 40 kits or something and can be had for around $50, and Platinum is like 99 kits and around $100.
                      Mesa Triple Recto
                      Marshall 2203 Clone
                      Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact
                        View Post

Make sure you load the drum kit. That is what I always forget to do when I haven't used it in awhile. Click on the preset and watch the %'s load in the drum picture.
                        Mesa Triple Recto
                        Marshall 2203 Clone
                        Axe-FX/POD HD500

Comment

I cant get it to work in sonar. Ive tried everything. It works fine in cubase and fruity loops though.
                          😉

Comment

Working...
                          X