Which amps have your top 3 lead, and top 3 rhythm tones?

Slaymoar

• Members

Of the amps you have actually played, which ones are the top 3 in each category?

For me,

Leads;
1. Boosted 1987x
2. 5150 lead
3. Mark IV lead

Rhythm;
1. Mark 2C+ lead
2. 5150 combo crunch
3. Dual Rectifier red channel

Cleans;
1. AC15
2. YGM Traynor Guitarmate
3. Fender Bassman

Cleans added, and you can go with more than 3.
Go!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

I think the answer is actually the same for both for me, VHT D60.

pretty darn good choice. Riveras are the king for me for getting the best I can of all three in a single box, I've never heard an amp that could take best overall for lead/clean/crunch

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus

View Post

I think the answer is actually the same for both for me, VHT D60.

pretty darn good choice. Riveras are the king for me for getting the best I can of all three in a single box, I've never heard an amp that could take best overall for lead/clean/crunch

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kardula View Post
A sig:x would prolly be my choice for lead/clean/crunch. I just feel that there's a bit of a compromise in the feel of a sig:x compared to the D60. The last time I played pv_impact's artist through his D60 with a few pedals in front, I was pretty much in heaven.

I've never had the chance to play a rivera, but I'd really really like the opportunity. Recently, I've gotten curious about their venus amps, especially the venus 5.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Kardula View Post
A sig:x would prolly be my choice for lead/clean/crunch. I just feel that there's a bit of a compromise in the feel of a sig:x compared to the D60. The last time I played pv_impact's artist through his D60 with a few pedals in front, I was pretty much in heaven.

I've never had the chance to play a rivera, but I'd really really like the opportunity. Recently, I've gotten curious about their venus amps, especially the venus 5.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
RHythm:
Fryette D120
Egnater EG5 module/M4
Mesa Quad

Lead:
Bogner Fish
Egnater IE-4 CH4
Mesa Quad

Clean:
Pearce G2R
Mesa Blue Angel
Roland JC120H

FWIW, I didn't pick anything that had to do with pedals.
I'm suprised the bogner fish made it in the leads, but not in the rhythm.. cop.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
RHythm:
Fryette D120
Egnater EG5 module/M4
Mesa Quad

Lead:
Bogner Fish
Egnater IE-4 CH4
Mesa Quad

Clean:
Pearce G2R
Mesa Blue Angel
Roland JC120H

FWIW, I didn't pick anything that had to do with pedals.
I'm suprised the bogner fish made it in the leads, but not in the rhythm.. cop.gif

Archived