Check out this cool Savatage video I made

Nick H

• Members

The production is pretty amateur, but theres a lot of cool stuff in it like interviews, old live performances, etc. It goes pretty in-depth with the history of the band from their start all the way up to now. Overall I'm pretty happy with it, it took {censored}ing forever to finish it. icon_lol.gif The youtube channel is also new, since my old one was pretty badly penalized.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

I'd actually be really interested in this one but the red text over black and white pictures with a bit of tint to them is really hard to read.

Or I'm blind. One of those.

Always dug Savatage.

I tried numerous colors on it, nothing really made a difference (it switches colors a few times in the video also). And the way youtube compressed it didn't help either, thats why the letters are a bit blurry.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H

View Post

I tried numerous colors on it, nothing really made a difference (it switches colors a few times in the video also). And the way youtube compressed it didn't help either, thats why the letters are a bit blurry.

Did you try wider shadowing on the letters? A lot of times all it takes is a two or three point white or black border with a little blur on it to make letters pop off a background. And youtube compression makes everything go to ass.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nightflameauto

View Post

Did you try wider shadowing on the letters? A lot of times all it takes is a two or three point white or black border with a little blur on it to make letters pop off a background. And youtube compression makes everything go to ass.

I couldn't. I made it using a 2006(~ish?) version of windows movie maker, so everything is pretty basic. Huge pain in the ass too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill

View Post

This is a cool retrospective. But for the LOVE OF GOD, please learn how to spell Al Pitrelli's name (19:35, 25:00) correctly!!! facepalm.gif

Awww damn. I looked over this pretty well for those types of things, apparently not well enough. frown.gif

Archived