Hanging out in Iceland

yourguitarhero

• Members

Iceland is kind of weird. Very bleak and dark and all the houses are made of corrugated iron. They can't drive for {censored} either. Gonna go see a glacier today to get out of the city and enjoy the 4 hours of daylight. Everything in the shops is good quality too. No cheap Chinese crap. Pricey though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by yourguitarhero

View Post

All the stuff in the shops is high quality - almost noone wears branded clothing - seems like none of it is made in the far east.

This is why america sucks and is in the condition it is. People would rather have as much "stuff" as they can, rather than a few quality items they need or cherish.

frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked

View Post

Hows the economy?

I believe it is actually going really well, since their government, as opposed to our moneygrabbing bastards, didn't bail out the banks, but let them go bust

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

Yeah, but you get {censored}loads of it in the summer...

Doesn't sound fun. 20 hours of sunlight would make it really strange to sleep. I'm sure you adjust, but I think I'll be staying out of the areas in and around the arctic circle.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Thule Air Base? That place is a frozen wasteland, isn't it?

Yep. Its a bunch of trailers and an airfield. Everything is on stilts there. Some phones, but mostly handheld radios. Around Thule its all super vast fields of nothing. There are a few mountains around there which all seem near, but they are deceivingly very far away. Kind of a weird optic thing. Rabbits the size of dogs and fox the size of cats. The summer there is actually bikini suitable, but the winter is {censored}ing {censored}. Its dark half of the year, and light the other half. When I went it was light 24/7.

Archived