Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

One amp, one external speaker out, two cabinets. What to do?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One amp, one external speaker out, two cabinets. What to do?

My Laney Cub12 only has one output for an extension speaker cabinet, and I have two Marshall JCM800 412. Would be nice to be able to play with both cabinets. Is this possible?
    Dont believe in anything, that way everything is possible.

Yes if you daisy chain the speakers, but check your ohms to make sure your not running too small a load...
    Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

Or, if the speaker out and laney internal speaker have the same load number (both 8 ohm or both 16 ohm which, 100% will be the case) and the JCM cabs have also the same ohmage, you can mod the speaker cable of the laney internal speaker to become a speaker out. It is dead easy. And connect one cabinet to the speaker out and the other to the modded cable.

What ohmage does the speaker out state and what are the marshalls?

And in that case you will give less than 2 watts in each speaker! Not so much to move all that air but it surely will get you loud and power amp distortion.
      "is this tone obtainable using the HD500 or Axe Fx? Overall, for convenience and volume control, should I buy the Axe Fx over actual tube amps? I don't plan on playing loud; just playing at home and recording on my Mac. Thanks man, you are awesome!

short answer: no...

long answer: no way..."

Comment

sure- you just need to daisy chain the cabs.

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/4x12wiring.html

that way, your connector cables are 1) between the amp to the first cabinet, then 2) the first cabinet to the second.

you do need to be mindful of impedance though-- with 2 16 ohm cabs, you'll have an 8 ohm load. if that's what your output's looking for-- you're set.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by bierball
          View Post

My Laney Cub12 only has one output for an extension speaker cabinet, and I have two Marshall JCM800 412. Would be nice to be able to play with both cabinets. Is this possible?

please send us a pic of that tiny amp on top of a full stack

Ibanez JS-1000 / Ibanez RG3-120535Q > Keeley Compressor > Xotic Custom Shop BB Preamp > Hartman FlangerLaney VH100R / Laney GH50L (MXR 10-band EQ > Line 6 DL-4)Geezer Sound Co. 2x12 (80w ceramic WGS BL-80)
          Also own: 1966 Fender Pro Reverb with Weber Californias, Dano CTO-1, Keeley SD-1, EHX D.EM

Yes that's my girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
          X