NCD.... Retro gaming godliness...........

TurboRotary13b

• Members

I dig retro gaming big time, but I'm all about emulators. Maintaining a bunch of old hardware is only really necessary if you're into it as a collector of physical objects. If you're just interested in the gaming side and want to save some dough, look @ emulators.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elric

View Post

I dig retro gaming big time, but I'm all about emulators. Maintaining a bunch of old hardware is only really necessary if you're into it as a collector of physical objects. If you're just interested in the gaming side and want to save some dough, look @ emulators.

Yep this.

• Members

Very cool!

I think. I don't know what it is. I guess I am going to have to do my own research wink.gificon_lol.gif I'm more of an old school gamer...even though I suspect I'm getting BF3 for christmas.

I still love Mechwarriors 2, Helicops...my Sega Genesis (Still works), and some/most of my numerous Playstation 1 games (I have the 2 console)

I suppose Mrs Rotary dusts and not you? idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Emulators suck dick.. I'm glad that they are out there because they open up sooooo many games to people that would otherwise never be able to play them... There is nothing like running the games on the original hardware though. Plus these days you can use flash carts on most consoles to play any game you want.. I have the Mega Everdrive for the Sega Genesis and I have every single genesis game ever made on 1 cart. You can get the PCB only for about $150.. I made my own box and cart to put it in..

http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=pr...&product_id=55

everdrive_zps28041629.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Stevetemp View Post
Very cool!

I think. I don't know what it is. I guess I am going to have to do my own research wink.gificon_lol.gif I'm more of an old school gamer...even though I suspect I'm getting BF3 for christmas.

I still love Mechwarriors 2, Helicops...my Sega Genesis (Still works), and some/most of my numerous Playstation 1 games (I have the 2 console)

I suppose Mrs Rotary dusts and not you? idn_smilie.gif
I still play the {censored} out of my Genesis/32x/Sega CD..

Gen1_zps03a583a9.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
Very cool man! I always wanted to play a physical neo geo, never had the chance.

I love old consoles I stopped collecting stuff though as I have enough crap sitting around.
The Neo Geo is the absolute best of the best when it comes to retro consoles IMO. They are very expensive though. This one cost me $680. The games go anywhere from $30 to $30,000 a piece. Most of the classic arcade ones go for $500-$3000 a piece. You can pick a converter for about $500 that makes the arcade carts playable on the AES. The arcade carts are significantly less expensive.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TurboRotary13b View Post
The Neo Geo is the absolute best of the best when it comes to retro consoles IMO. They are very expensive though. This one cost me $680. The games go anywhere from $30 to $30,000 a piece. Most of the classic arcade ones go for $500-$3000 a piece. You can pick a converter for about $500 that makes the arcade carts playable on the AES. The arcade carts are significantly less expensive.
Yeah, all that is outta my price range. icon_lol.gif

I bought the FF3 cart for SNES back in college. That wasn't cheap. The video store in my hometown had Ogre Battle when I was a teen. Eventually they sold the cart for $15 or something. Now its highly sought after and the game kicks ass to boot!

I'm still kicking 20 year old self for not snagging the Star Wars Arcade game the local chuck e cheese was selling for $400. It was the sit down version of the old vector graphics one. Granted, I had no where to keep it, but....it would've been awesome.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
Yeah, all that is outta my price range. icon_lol.gif

I bought the FF3 cart for SNES back in college. That wasn't cheap. The video store in my hometown had Ogre Battle when I was a teen. Eventually they sold the cart for $15 or something. Now its highly sought after and the game kicks ass to boot!

I'm still kicking 20 year old self for not snagging the Star Wars Arcade game the local chuck e cheese was selling for $400. It was the sit down version of the old vector graphics one. Granted, I had no where to keep it, but....it would've been awesome.
Ogre Batte is awesome! I wish I had a lot more room because I would have a {censored} ton of pinball machines. I loves me some pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by zehn View Post
Nice man. Do you have the disk drive for the N64?
No I don't have that.. If I ever see one I'll pick it up.. Next on my list is a TurboDuo or a Wondermega.

Archived